“~TRIP OF A LIFETIME!~” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Proyecto Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Montezuma
Proyecto Lodge
Montezuma Center | 100 Meters After Montezuma Waterfalls, Montezuma 506, Costa Rica   |
Springfield, Missouri
“~TRIP OF A LIFETIME!~”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

My experience at Proyecto Lodge was absolutely incredible! How I came to staying there is a story of pure luck. I was in contact with the lodge owners (who are extremely friendly and welcoming) for months before I traveled to Costa Rica in order to work with Asociación de voluntarios para el servicio en áreas protegidas (ASVO). At night, I would take a short 15 minute walk from the lodge to where I worked on the beach with sea turtles (hatchery and "Night Patrol"). Upon arrival, I found out that I was paying significantly less to stay with Proyecto than other volunteers (who had organized more expensive living arrangements with other lodges/hostels in Montezuma). By staying at the lodge, I had the opportunity to meet so many AMAZINGLY talented people from all over the world- all of whom which I now consider great friends. From waking up in the morning to the sounds of crashing waves and the sight of whales surfacing for a large gulp of air in the distance, too relaxing in the natural heated pools just below the lodge and the incredible opportunities to apply my Spanish skills each day, I sincerely can not think about my experience in Montezuma without Proyecto Lodge and its passionate staff (Kerri, Vill, Andrei, Jacq, Windi and Maykol). The amazing things that they are doing for the beach-front community of Montezuma truly makes a difference in the lives of both locals and travelers alike!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

travellikecrazy18, Manager at Proyecto Lodge, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thanks so very much for your review! Your words really mean a lot to us! We all strive to provide the "trip of a lifetime" for all our guests, and we are so happy you enjoyed your time with us. Thanks for volunteering with the sea turtles, your time and hard work is invaluable to protect and nurture these precious sea creatures. Thanks for "Traveling Like You Care!" and please come back and visit us soon!

47 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Fair Haven, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I have never felt so at home before when I was thousands of miles away! Everyone who works at the lodge is friendly, helpful, and willing to go out of their way to make your stay the best it can be. It is the best view in Montezuma and a perfect distance from town. I look forward to going back and enjoying more time at Proyecto!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thanks so much for your review! Your "home away from home" is always ready for your return! Come back as soon as you can! All the best and PURA VIDA!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

Proyecto Montezuma was one of the best experiences of my life. I have never met friendlier people who are willing to help and have fun. The town was amazing and entertaining. The view as scenery was absolutely gorgeous. I can't wait to return in a couple months! :)

• Stayed July 2013
Thanks so much for the kind review! We agree with you...the scenery and the town are just great! We look forward to seeing you back in paradise soon! Pura Vida!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a month in August to earn my TEFL certification. Kerri and Bill are great and will help you with whatever you need. The hostel us right on the ocean. The view is amazing and you can listen to the waves as you fall asleep. If you are thinking about getting your TEFL certification I recommend proyecto. Jacqueline and Windi are amazing teachers and passionate about their work. Proyecto Montezuma is an amazing place to stay.

• Stayed August 2013
crgirlMaryland, Manager at Proyecto Lodge, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thanks so much for your review! It was great meeting you and we wish you the best as you begin your teaching career. Please contact us soon and let us know if you can come back to the beach over one of your weekends! Pura Vida!
Lovettsville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

I stayed here with a few buddies for about a week and a half in June. The rates are very cheap and the views are probably the best in Montezuma. The location is awesome, just a 10 minute walk into "downtown" Montezuma which makes it convenient when you need to get food, yet still lets you feel like you're away from everything. The owners, Kerri and Vill, and staff are some of the nicest people I've met and are incredibly helpful; they'll give you advice/knowledge on local surf breaks and ideal conditions, tell you what might be happening in town on a given night, and just generally treat you like an old friend. I plan on heading back to the Nicoya Peninsula and I'll definitely be staying here again!

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thanks so much for your kind review! We really hope you make it back this way soon. Please keep in touch and your surfboard and room will be ready for you!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with my two sons ages 7 and 9 for a month to earn my TEFL degree and volunteer. Everyone was kind, helpful, and generous. My sons learned to surf and admire all of the surfing staff. They are all patient and trustworthy. They took Spanish classes and helped out at the school in Cabuya. All these experiences were positive and we were able to make friends so my boys didn't even want to leave.
The view is breath taking and the tidal pools are great! Bill can help with any tour. There is a kitchen so you can cook meals and it is an easy walk to town. We are hoping to return next summer.

• Stayed July 2013
crgirlMaryland, Manager at Proyecto Lodge, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thanks for the kind review! It was so great to spend the month with you and your sons! The time flew by when you all were here, so we are excited to plan your return in July! We will be in touch and can't wait to see you all back in paradise!
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Proyecto Lodge is a great place for backpackers, students, or anyone looking for a cheap stay in a perfect location. I woke up to the sounds of howler monkeys and the sights of a beautiful ocean daily. The location and view was seriously better than any 5-star resort I've stayed in. A ten minute walk from town (which was great, because it was quiet). The lodge could use a little updating here and there, and dont be surprised to see some bugs (you ARE in a small coastal town in Costa Rica), but if you want a perfect location, a relaxing trip, and dont care too much about being in a fancy hotel, this is the place for you. I can't wait to return!

Room Tip: Upstairs was really nice if you don't mind sharing a bathroom with the room next door. Has it...