“Amazing View” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Proyecto Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Montezuma
Proyecto Lodge
Save Saved
You added Proyecto Lodge to your Saves list
Montezuma Center | 100 Meters After Montezuma Waterfalls, Montezuma 506, Costa Rica   |
“Amazing View”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a month in August to earn my TEFL certification. Kerri and Bill are great and will help you with whatever you need. The hostel us right on the ocean. The view is amazing and you can listen to the waves as you fall asleep. If you are thinking about getting your TEFL certification I recommend proyecto. Jacqueline and Windi are amazing teachers and passionate about their work. Proyecto Montezuma is an amazing place to stay.

• Stayed August 2013
crgirlMaryland, Manager at Proyecto Lodge, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thanks so much for your review! It was great meeting you and we wish you the best as you begin your teaching career. Please contact us soon and let us know if you can come back to the beach over one of your weekends! Pura Vida!

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Lovettsville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

I stayed here with a few buddies for about a week and a half in June. The rates are very cheap and the views are probably the best in Montezuma. The location is awesome, just a 10 minute walk into "downtown" Montezuma which makes it convenient when you need to get food, yet still lets you feel like you're away from everything. The owners, Kerri and Vill, and staff are some of the nicest people I've met and are incredibly helpful; they'll give you advice/knowledge on local surf breaks and ideal conditions, tell you what might be happening in town on a given night, and just generally treat you like an old friend. I plan on heading back to the Nicoya Peninsula and I'll definitely be staying here again!

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thanks so much for your kind review! We really hope you make it back this way soon. Please keep in touch and your surfboard and room will be ready for you!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with my two sons ages 7 and 9 for a month to earn my TEFL degree and volunteer. Everyone was kind, helpful, and generous. My sons learned to surf and admire all of the surfing staff. They are all patient and trustworthy. They took Spanish classes and helped out at the school in Cabuya. All these experiences were positive and we were able to make friends so my boys didn't even want to leave.
The view is breath taking and the tidal pools are great! Bill can help with any tour. There is a kitchen so you can cook meals and it is an easy walk to town. We are hoping to return next summer.

• Stayed July 2013
crgirlMaryland, Manager at Proyecto Lodge, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thanks for the kind review! It was so great to spend the month with you and your sons! The time flew by when you all were here, so we are excited to plan your return in July! We will be in touch and can't wait to see you all back in paradise!
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Proyecto Lodge is a great place for backpackers, students, or anyone looking for a cheap stay in a perfect location. I woke up to the sounds of howler monkeys and the sights of a beautiful ocean daily. The location and view was seriously better than any 5-star resort I've stayed in. A ten minute walk from town (which was great, because it was quiet). The lodge could use a little updating here and there, and dont be surprised to see some bugs (you ARE in a small coastal town in Costa Rica), but if you want a perfect location, a relaxing trip, and dont care too much about being in a fancy hotel, this is the place for you. I can't wait to return!

Room Tip: Upstairs was really nice if you don't mind sharing a bathroom with the room next door. Has it...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thanks so much for your review! We really hope you make it back here soon! Your room upstairs will be ready for you!
Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

It has been the best experience in my life, living in a mistic town full of kind people. I went for a week to Montezuma and stayed for a yera and a half!!!Staying at the lodge was the best as I got to know all of my best friends now in Costa Rica. Kerry and Vill treated me as part of their famillly and became my best friends there. Everything is so organized and as you learn from them they also learn from you. Kerry always wants the best for the town so is always trying to organize activities for the kids!!!
The place is marvellous in front of the sea, the best place to wake up every morning and the best place to enjoy before going to bed with a sky full of stars!!!
I could write pages and pages of my experience but i let you enjoy yours!!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thanks so much for your support! We loved getting to know you and can't wait for you to come back! We have your room and surfboard ready and waiting for you! Pura Vida!
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I stayed at the Lodge for the first time in Dec of 2011 and fell in love with it -- the generous 1st and 2nd floor porches, the hammocks, and the great big outdoor table with the amazing ocean view. All day and night you can hear the waves crashing on the rocks below. The first two nights I kept thinking it was thunder! There's a great community at the lodge where you find yourself making friends with the other guests. Staying 12 days wasn't enough -- I spent the entire month of August 2012 there too. By the third week, I didn't miss anything at home. We even spotted some whales breaching from the yard! The lodge is like my Costa Rican home. Every time I come back home, I immediately start thinking about the next time I'll return to Montezuma and the Proyecto Lodge. I still explore other parts of the country, but the first stop will always be "the Lodge."

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks so very much for the kind review! We hope you come back for a third, fourth and fifth time! It was great to learn with you, surf waves with you and get to know you! Your room upstairs is always ready for your next visit!
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I first stayed at Proyecto Lodge in April and May of 2012 for an internship in a local clinic, and since then I have been back on three different occasions and plan to go back as soon as possible. The experience was life-changing; not only is the lodge located in the most beautiful and peaceful place imaginable, with breathtaking views, private natural swimming pools, and enough hammocks for extreme relaxation, but the people I have encountered there are incredible individuals. Vill and Kerri are so helpful with every accomodation you might need, and are extremely caring and enthusiastic people who are excited to learn about you and to share a piece of their tico-gringa life and project that they have built together. The people who stay at the lodge come from all walks of life, which makes for an awesome environment for anyone ready to learn about themselves, open their worldview and have a great and challenging experience. I would suggest Proyecto Montezuma to anyone ready for a life-changing experience and willing to broaden their horizons. Pura Vida! Que nos veamos pronto!

Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
You are so great! Thanks for the kind words...Meeting people like you is what makes our job so special! We always have a room ready and waiting when you can come back! Pura Vida!

Been to Proyecto Lodge? Share your experiences!