“Had to come back a second time....” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Proyecto Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Montezuma
Proyecto Lodge
Bookmark
You added Proyecto Lodge to your Saves list
Montezuma Center | 100 Meters After Montezuma Waterfalls, Montezuma 506, Costa Rica   |
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
“Had to come back a second time....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I stayed at the Lodge for the first time in Dec of 2011 and fell in love with it -- the generous 1st and 2nd floor porches, the hammocks, and the great big outdoor table with the amazing ocean view. All day and night you can hear the waves crashing on the rocks below. The first two nights I kept thinking it was thunder! There's a great community at the lodge where you find yourself making friends with the other guests. Staying 12 days wasn't enough -- I spent the entire month of August 2012 there too. By the third week, I didn't miss anything at home. We even spotted some whales breaching from the yard! The lodge is like my Costa Rican home. Every time I come back home, I immediately start thinking about the next time I'll return to Montezuma and the Proyecto Lodge. I still explore other parts of the country, but the first stop will always be "the Lodge."

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
crgirlMaryland, Manager at Proyecto Lodge, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thanks so very much for the kind review! We hope you come back for a third, fourth and fifth time! It was great to learn with you, surf waves with you and get to know you! Your room upstairs is always ready for your next visit!

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I first stayed at Proyecto Lodge in April and May of 2012 for an internship in a local clinic, and since then I have been back on three different occasions and plan to go back as soon as possible. The experience was life-changing; not only is the lodge located in the most beautiful and peaceful place imaginable, with breathtaking views, private natural swimming pools, and enough hammocks for extreme relaxation, but the people I have encountered there are incredible individuals. Vill and Kerri are so helpful with every accomodation you might need, and are extremely caring and enthusiastic people who are excited to learn about you and to share a piece of their tico-gringa life and project that they have built together. The people who stay at the lodge come from all walks of life, which makes for an awesome environment for anyone ready to learn about themselves, open their worldview and have a great and challenging experience. I would suggest Proyecto Montezuma to anyone ready for a life-changing experience and willing to broaden their horizons. Pura Vida! Que nos veamos pronto!

Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
You are so great! Thanks for the kind words...Meeting people like you is what makes our job so special! We always have a room ready and waiting when you can come back! Pura Vida!
Yeosu, South Korea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Proyecto Montezuma is hands down the most amazing place I have ever had the chance to stay. I stayed for nearly two months and everyday was amazing. The lodge was very comfortable and clean. Access to a full kitchen was amazing and being able to relax in the basically private tide pools and beach was unbelievable. A very calm and relaxing environment all around. I also took the TEFL class with Kerri which was a life changing experience. The instruction was great and the hands on practice with the children in Cabuya was invaluable experience working with children. I am now using all of that great training and experience while teaching all ages in South Korea. Proyecto also helped me explore the area around Montezuma as well. The famous waterfall, Playa Grande, Playa Cedros, zip line tour were all shown to me by employees of Proyecto, most of who I became very good friends with! Proyecto was also helpful in selling me a surf board for a very reasonable price. Their rental rates are VERY reasonable and if you are in need of surf instruction, the instruction from Proyecto is top notch and comes from some of the BEST surfers in the entire area. I would recommend Proyecto Montezuma to anybody that is looking for either a very relaxing vacation, or for some awesome adventures. I will definitely be going back to Montezuma at some point in my life and won't even think twice about where I will be staying, Thanks again Kerri and Vill!! :)

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms are private and a little more expensive. Downstairs rooms are hostel style and a bit...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Thanks so much for your kind words! It was great to meet you, learn with you and spend months together in paradise! Please keep in touch and come back as soon as you can! Your room at the lodge is always ready and waiting...
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I did a two week volunteering program at the nearby primary school, teaching English to 1st-6thh graders and stayed at the projecto lodge for my whole stay during May 2013.
The volunteering program was great, the kids were super sweet, and I really enjoyed my whole stay.
The lodge is really nice and there is always people from all over around. Only a short walk from the city center, close to the Montezuma waterfall (definitively worth a walk) and it has its own really fancy natural ocean pool. There are hammocks to hang out, there is a cleaning lady, and the owers are super friendly and amazing!
Also book their trips with the projecto (office is downtown), they have good deals! Book surfing classes with the projecto, a very authentic Costa Rica experience with local teachers, who learned surfing before they were able to walk ;)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
crgirlMaryland, Manager at Proyecto Lodge, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thanks so much for your kind review! We hope to see you back at the lodge soon!
Tambor, Puntarenas, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

My brother and I went to Montezuma to do some surfing and we ended up at renting some boards from the folks at Proyecto Montezuma. Their shop is located right on the main street at the lower part of town next to the beach and is easy to find. Not only did they hook us up with the right gear, they also drove us to the best surf break given the conditions. We were able to hang out with them and learn about other good areas to surf. They really made our experience, as we new nothing about the area.

We had previously spent some time in Santa Teresa, but as a beginner surfer I found the beach break extremely challenging. Bill and Kerri brought us to an awesome left handed point break that was much easier to paddle out and catch waves. Would definitely suggest hooking up with these people if you want to learn how to surf in Costa Rica.

They also run a non-profit organization that certifies volunteers to teach English so you can learn to surf, help the local community and become TEFL certified all at the same time. Highly recommended, thanks a lot!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Thanks so much for coming by the office and spending the day with us in the waves! We hope to see you back in paradise soon!
St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

A co-teacher and I took 18 students and two other chaperones to Proyecto Montezuma Lodge for their Spring Break. We were a group of 22 people in total. All school year we had been working with Kerri on a “perfect” itinerary for our groups needs, something that would include community service as well as allow us to tour Montezuma’s beautiful sights. When we finally arrived at the Proyecto Lodge, nothing prepared us for the amazing and overwhelming beauty of the Pacific Ocean’s surf repeatedly welcoming us to the Lodge, wave after wave. The Lodge is minimally equipped with fans for each room, sporadic wi-fi capability, and a bathroom for each room. But really, that is about all you need while you are visiting Paradise. Kerri and Bill will ensure that you have all your basic needs. Most of your time will be spent outdoors in the hammocks or around town touring. The rest of the staff of Proyecto Lodge seems to appear at every corner of town, whether you are on the way to surf, or hike, or zip line, or go to the beach, you are sure to run into Andre, La Tia, Bombi, Chassis, Rainer, Edgar, Sarah, and Maki. Kerri is incredibly professional and will go above and beyond to ensure your happiness while visiting. Her staff is amazingly supportive and gracious. The chefs, Maki and Sarah, cooked typical Costa Rican food that was delicious and filled us. And somehow, they were able to feed all 22 of us at the same time, allowing for some great bonding experiences. We are already planning our next trip to Proyecto Lodge to experience more time in Paradise. We miss our new friends we made in Montezuma and thank all of them for making our time there so extra special.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
travellikecrazy18, Manager at Proyecto Lodge, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you for the great review! We had an amazing experience with your group and hope to see you all back soon! Thanks for the compliments about Proyecto's staff, that really means a lot. We all try extremely hard to please!

We look forward to planning more group trips with you!
Pura Vida,
Kerri and Vill
Saint Petersburg, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

I went there with my friends from school for 8 days during Spring Break. At the moment when I first stepped in, there was a big board said: "Welcome AFA to paradise", came along with the smile of Kerri and Vill - the co-founders of the Lodge. As that board said, 5 days in Proyecto Montezuma were not only so paradisaical, chill and relaxing, but also kinda busy with Spanish Class and Hiking, Surfing School and Zip-Lining. We were instructed by staffs of the Lodge who was so friendly and enthusiastic. And so do the chefs! Everyday Maki and Sarah made such the awesome meals for us - a group of 22 people. Especially in our last evening in Proyecto Montezuma, we were served a BBQ dinner and fire dance. That was the most impressed fire dance I've ever since. I am glad I have been there. If I have a chance, I would come to Proyecto Montezuma again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Thanks for the review and we really hope you to come back and join us soon! Sarah and Maki thank you for the nice words about the meals too! Your group was so much fun! Come back and join us and thanks for nice review!
Pura Vida,
Kerri and Vill

Been to Proyecto Lodge? Share your experiences!