“Mind blowing experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Proyecto Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Montezuma
Proyecto Lodge
You added Proyecto Lodge to your Saves list
Montezuma Center | 100 Meters After Montezuma Waterfalls, Montezuma 506, Costa Rica   |
seminole
“Mind blowing experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

I came here with some of my friends from school for a Spring Break trip and it was really fun. At night we hung out upstairs on the deck and during the day, if we weren't busy, we would relax on the hammocks over looking the ocean. The lodge has a great view and an excellent staff. Bill and kerri are so much fun. The chef and Sara were great too, amazing food. I had the best time of my life here and I wish I could do it all over again. My room was small and hot but you don't spend anytime in it except to sleep and shower so I am not even going to complain about it. I would stay at this lodge every time I came to Costa Rica. So much fun. Thank you Kerri and bill!!

• Stayed March 2013
travellikecrazy18, Manager at Proyecto Lodge, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Your group was so much fun! We really hope to see you all back in paradise soon! Maki and Sarah thank you for the comment about the food too! Thanks for joining us in paradise and for the kind review!

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

When I discovered that I could get my TEFL certificate while living on the beach in Costa Rica, I knew where I would be spending one month of the Canadian winter! I enjoyed living in the Proyecto Montezuma beach house and swimming every day in both the ocean and a lovely little fresh water pool just a couple minutes down the road. Kerri infuses the TEFL course with so much energy and enthusiam that I looked forward to my hours in class (which are held outside on the teraza, with a view of the ocean). My fellow classmates came from Canada, Germany and Italy and we bonded over lexical chunks and gallo pinto. :) We were able to put our theory into practice in a nearby elementary school and with adult students who came to the lodge for lessons. If you want to teach EFL or ESL, this is a perfect place to get certified!

Room Tip: The beach house is rustic, which is part of what makes it a fun place to live. The rooms on the sec...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
You are so great! Thanks for the great (and funny!) review! We love your title! It was a pleasure learning and growing with you in paradise! We wish you the best with your travels and in the future! Please come back and visit us soon!
Montezuma, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I first stayed at the Proyecto Montezuma Lodge almost 2 years ago when I did my TEFL certification and of all the places i've stayed in Costa Rica, it is by far the best. The lodge is situated on the most beautiful part of the coast and is just steps away from the most amazing natural tide pools i've ever experienced. Kerri and Vil run the lodge as well as a nonprofit organization that provides locals of all ages with free english classes. They can set you up with anything from surf lessons to quad rentals all the while giving back to the community. I couldn't recommend a better place to stay than here as they made my trip a memorable one. And take advantage of the meal plans they offer. Their chef is amazing!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Thanks for the great review! You are right to comment on the chefs at Proyecto Lodge! We are so lucky to have Maki's Restaurant now at Proyecto Lodge.

New guests: Please inquire about breakfast and meal plan options! You will be glad you did!
Portland, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Proyecto Montezuma is the most magical place I have ever stayed travelling. The location of the lodge right next to tide pools which are warm enough to swim in day and night makes it the perfect place to come and enjoy the natural beauty of Montezuma. Kerri and Bill, the couple that run the lodge, are one of the most incredible couples I have ever met. Kerri runs free English classes for the local residents and facilitates service opportunities for people who are interested who stay at the lodge. Bill is a street wise Tico, with a super calm and loving demeanor. They are incredible hosts and always look after the guests well. If you have the good fortune to end up at this guest house you can thank your lucky stars in the tide pools at night!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Thanks Beth!
We hope to see you back in paradise soon to start the yoga vision!
Your energy and kind words really mean a lot to us!
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Proyecto Montezuma is a unique, fun (but still very chill) oasis a ten minute walk from Montezuma's center. It was a famous Costa Rican artist's getaway home which is reflected in the beautiful layout of the place. There's a a perfectly deep natural pool right out front that gets filtered out from the tide, and an almost private beach to the left down a path. I've never imagined a place you can watch the sunset and sunrise from the same spot.

The owners Keri and Bill are amazing and very accommodating. The entire place feels like a family, there's a few permanent residents that could very well star in their own sitcom. It's really quite an experience, I'm glad we ran into Bill who runs the Proyecto tours on the main street to show us the place. One of my favorite guesthouses in the world.

Room Tip: Every room is great, the upstairs and far right room is particularly nice.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thanks so much for your review! We hope to see you back in paradise really soon!
Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I really love the place and spent wonderfull days. However I would like to add few pratical comments:
- it's not very far from the center, around 10 min walking. Take the route from the opposite way where you arrive. When we arrived a local guy advice us to take a mini bus waiting at the same bus terminal which helps a lot when you have heavy bags. When you arrive if you see one it's fine, otherwise there is not. The hotel is not quite wellknown by local. They talked about the yellow house which was an others hotel few times ago.
- no hot water but it's generally so hot outside that it's not really a problem
- even if the sheets have been washed they're not clean with few spots
- the kitchen is basic but perfect
- the owners are so cool and trustfull that we barelly didn't see them, we even looked for them the day before leaving to pay them :-) I've to say it's quite a pleasure to didn't feel any pressure
- the place is also used by the owners as teaching spanish lessons which could be great if you want to lean spanish but could be quite borring if you want to chill out on the terrace as there are no many option to stay
- the natural pool is amazing
- the little beach aside could be quite dangerous due to strong current of the sea (actually you simply can't swim there) which is the case almost everywhere in Montezuma except maybe in the main beach of the village
- rooms are big and quite open which could be a problem for mosquito. Windows and doors have protection but there are a lot of empty space almost everywhere.

As I said it's only few pratical tips which could help to decide to stay.
It's defibitly a peacefull, charming, lovely place

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
travellikecrazy18, Manager at Proyecto Lodge, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thanks so much for your review! We really appreciate your comments and will buy some new sheets! We really welcome your feedback and you gave great advice about swimming in the ocean around Montezuma. The currents can be very strong and it is always best to take caution, here and everywhere!

We hope to see you back in paradise soon!
Montezuma, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

The Proyecto lodge was the perfect place to stay. It is a large two-story house overlooking the ocean with only six guest rooms. A furnished kitchen is provided for cooking, and the house has several hammocks and futons to relax on while sitting on the porch and watching the sea. They offer yoga and Spanish lessons at the house, and they will also support you with board rentals and rides to the best beaches if you choose to take surf lessons through their tours office. The owners are super friendly and genuinely care about the quality of your stay. The best thing about the lodge is that it's removed from the noise of town by a scenic ten minute walk along the coast. Enjoy increased privacy and peace without all the comings and goings of a busy tourist town.

• Stayed August 2012
travellikecrazy18, Manager at Proyecto Lodge, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Thanks so much! We know we will see you back in paradise soon!
Proyecto Lodge is ready-and-waiting for you!!!

Been to Proyecto Lodge? Share your experiences!