I really love the place and spent wonderfull days. However I would like to add few pratical comments:
- it's not very far from the center, around 10 min walking. Take the route from the opposite way where you arrive. When we arrived a local guy advice us to take a mini bus waiting at the same bus terminal which helps a lot when you have heavy bags. When you arrive if you see one it's fine, otherwise there is not. The hotel is not quite wellknown by local. They talked about the yellow house which was an others hotel few times ago.
- no hot water but it's generally so hot outside that it's not really a problem
- even if the sheets have been washed they're not clean with few spots
- the kitchen is basic but perfect
- the owners are so cool and trustfull that we barelly didn't see them, we even looked for them the day before leaving to pay them :-) I've to say it's quite a pleasure to didn't feel any pressure
- the place is also used by the owners as teaching spanish lessons which could be great if you want to lean spanish but could be quite borring if you want to chill out on the terrace as there are no many option to stay
- the natural pool is amazing
- the little beach aside could be quite dangerous due to strong current of the sea (actually you simply can't swim there) which is the case almost everywhere in Montezuma except maybe in the main beach of the village
- rooms are big and quite open which could be a problem for mosquito. Windows and doors have protection but there are a lot of empty space almost everywhere.
As I said it's only few pratical tips which could help to decide to stay.
It's defibitly a peacefull, charming, lovely place