“Couldn't have been better!” 5 of 5 stars

011-506-2642-0067
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Peaks 'n Swells Surf Camp provides incredible, one of a kind beachfront lodging, top surf instructors and sought-after yoga instructors to deliver a high performance surf camp in an uncrowded and stunning part of Costa Rica. Peaks offers a fast track surf experience for those wanting to progress in their surfing or beginners who are serious about wanting to learn to surf. The small camp sizes in an uncrowded area offering a variety of surf breaks will ensure an unintimidating and true surfing experience. Live your dream! Surf with Peaks 'n Swells!
Stowe, Vermont
“Couldn't have been better!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

Just returned from an 8 day surf camp with 8 other women and wish I could go back for a spring session!! Having never surfed before and very little experience in the ocean, I had success with surfing and made friends with those powerful ocean waves!
I found myself waking up naturally at 5:45 every morning just out of pure excitement to start the days activities (at home in VT I would sleep until 9 if I could!)!! So fun waking up to the warm air, the jungle sounds and the waves crashing just footsteps from my Treehouse balcony. And then to meet up with friends at the table for costa rican coffee and fresh fruit and granola etc.
The Peaks n Swells crew made us feel so very welcome and felt like friends right away! The coaches were so helpful - I had the opportunity to learn from 3 different coaches who all helped me through my doubts and fears and got me up surfing the green waves (which I really wasn't sure would happen!). Watching videos and seeing photographs at cocktail hour each evening was so much fun, but also so helpful to learn what could be improved the next day.
The food was amazing and I find myself eating better and craving Pinto Gallo and Peaks n Swells salads now that I'm back in VT! My kids are enjoying Peaks n Swells style lunches and are wondering when they get to go surf the green waves!
So many things to say and share about this truly unique surf camp - Amazing coaches who feel like old friends and such friendly and talented chefs! I think Hillary and Ryan and Karen have such an amazing thing going and I feel so lucky to have experienced it with such a great group of women!

“Heaven!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

WOW!!! This was one of the most life changing vacations I have ever taken. I went to Peaks n Swells with 8 friends to learn to surf, relax and recharge. We all left our husbands and children at home and yes, we missed them, but PNS provided me with the opportunity to be "me" again, I haven't been that relaxed in years! Everything is taken care of, from the amazing food, to the stunning accommodations to the fun and exciting surfing. I had never surfed before and I am hooked! Everything about this place was perfect. We are already planning our next trip down there and we haven't even been home for a full week.I would recommend this to families and friends without hesitation.

3 attraction reviews
“AMAZING PLACE!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

I just returned from a second trip to Peaks N Swells Surf Camp with 8 other 40-50 yr old moms. We all had an amazing time at this beautiful, welcoming, relaxing yet energizing place. Daily morning surf sessions with awesome coaches at some of the most amazing beaches and point breaks made for an incredible way to start every day. Leaving our duties behind and being pampered the way we were was such a treat. The food is incredible and healthy, the property that you come back to after surfing or a hike or a trip to town does indeed feel like a secret oasis - amazing pool, gardens, hammocks - bliss! The nine of us had such a great time we are already beginning to make noises about booking the next trip! If our families are lucky maybe we will bring them sometime too. I hear the family camps are amazing as well. 100% worth the trip..again and again and again!!!

Shorewood, Minnesota
“Beyond all expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

The family at Peaks n' Swells creates a magical experience unlike anything I've ever had before. Imagine your best friend inviting you to their secret garden in Costa Rica, complete with private bungalos, and incredible surf instructors. And these instructors don't just sit in the water and push you into waves, they break down the sport and make you better, regardless of your age, or ability. The atmosphere is not just relaxed, but you feel like part of the family and are truly sad to leave. We don't just want to return, but have to return.

And stay ten days. Yes, it's hard to get the time, but you truly unplug, something that you deserve to do when you're there.

Visited December 2013
CT
“FAVORITE VACATION EVER...We were all so sad to leave.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

I never imagined that I would surf. It was just not going to be one of those things a girl from CT was destined to do. Then I had kids. Not sure how, but my son turned into a skater boy who was begging to surf........
My kids ages are 8, 10 and 14.
We have been on several family vacations to beautiful places but have never enjoyed each other and the experience as much as our time at Peaks 'n Swells Surf Camp. We wanted to live the surfer life and we did all week. EVERY DETAIL was taken care of for us so I could be a camper too!
Welcoming people, expert surf coaches, amazing food, beautiful accommodations, paradise location, gorgeous pool, excellent yoga, family style meals, fun happy hour, video analysis and photos, fun activities for the kids so we could relax, and so much more. They even surprised us all with fabulous stockings on Christmas morning!
Everyone was so accepting, attentive and accommodating in all ways. The ratio of coaches to surfers was amazing and they all knew exactly how to teach each of us. Everyone was up surfing right away. I never felt judged and the coaches always went out of their way to make sure I felt comfortable about the safety of my kids. Everyone improved from day to day.
There was never a time that any coach or staff was anything but enthusiastic about our visit.
We were so sad to leave and will be back soon!! We all now consider ourselves surfers!!
I highly recommend this trip to anyone who wants an awesome vacation and experience. I can't wait to go back with a group of my girlfriends.

Visited December 2013