“Beyond all expectations” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 23 Activities in Montezuma
Type: Surf Camps, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Peaks 'n Swells Surf Camp provides incredible, one of a kind beachfront lodging, top surf instructors and sought-after yoga instructors to deliver a high performance surf camp in an uncrowded and stunning part of Costa Rica. Peaks offers a fast track surf experience for those wanting to progress in their surfing or beginners who are serious about wanting to learn to surf. The small camp sizes in an uncrowded area offering a variety of surf breaks will ensure an unintimidating and true surfing experience. Live your dream! Surf with Peaks 'n Swells!
Shorewood, Minnesota
“Beyond all expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

The family at Peaks n' Swells creates a magical experience unlike anything I've ever had before. Imagine your best friend inviting you to their secret garden in Costa Rica, complete with private bungalos, and incredible surf instructors. And these instructors don't just sit in the water and push you into waves, they break down the sport and make you better, regardless of your age, or ability. The atmosphere is not just relaxed, but you feel like part of the family and are truly sad to leave. We don't just want to return, but have to return.

And stay ten days. Yes, it's hard to get the time, but you truly unplug, something that you deserve to do when you're there.

Visited December 2013

CT
“FAVORITE VACATION EVER...We were all so sad to leave.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

I never imagined that I would surf. It was just not going to be one of those things a girl from CT was destined to do. Then I had kids. Not sure how, but my son turned into a skater boy who was begging to surf........
My kids ages are 8, 10 and 14.
We have been on several family vacations to beautiful places but have never enjoyed each other and the experience as much as our time at Peaks 'n Swells Surf Camp. We wanted to live the surfer life and we did all week. EVERY DETAIL was taken care of for us so I could be a camper too!
Welcoming people, expert surf coaches, amazing food, beautiful accommodations, paradise location, gorgeous pool, excellent yoga, family style meals, fun happy hour, video analysis and photos, fun activities for the kids so we could relax, and so much more. They even surprised us all with fabulous stockings on Christmas morning!
Everyone was so accepting, attentive and accommodating in all ways. The ratio of coaches to surfers was amazing and they all knew exactly how to teach each of us. Everyone was up surfing right away. I never felt judged and the coaches always went out of their way to make sure I felt comfortable about the safety of my kids. Everyone improved from day to day.
There was never a time that any coach or staff was anything but enthusiastic about our visit.
We were so sad to leave and will be back soon!! We all now consider ourselves surfers!!
I highly recommend this trip to anyone who wants an awesome vacation and experience. I can't wait to go back with a group of my girlfriends.

Visited December 2013
Stowe, Vermont
“Life Enchancing on Every Level...Surf, Yoga, Food, Fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

Made my 3rd surf, yoga, food and fun camp to Peaks N Swells on the Nicoya Penninsula's Montezuma in Puntarenas, Costa Rica...A truly authentic, athletic and wonderful trip back to see the expert surfing coaches, our Tico friends and host/owners Hilary and Ryan...Perfect surf conditions all week with our choice of 4 different breaks from beach, to point, to rock reef. Video analysis was a great help and a lot of laughs too..And our day of longboarding those chest high, long long waves was an unexpected highlight. Great family camp (we've been twice with the kids too) and for beginners to experts...see you again soon!

Visited November 2013
Whistler, British Columbia, Canada
“Now that's a surf camp!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

My trip to Peaks N Swells was one I will never forget. Peaks N Swells knows what surfing is about and it translates into everything they do. Healthy, delicious food, amazing surf coaching, Oceanside Yoga & much needed down time are the perfect balance. This family run business has a very warm and friendly vibe with a subtle drive to be the best. By the end of the week I was surfing with confidence and riding waves I would have never imagined I could. I left there with all the tools to continue learning. The coaching team has it figured out – perfect instruction, snacks at the surf, video analysis, pool time, social dinner time and let’s not forget the amazing food! I can’t say enough about this camp. I will be back and I highly recommend this trip to those that want to actually learn to surf (and be spoiled).

Visited April 2013
Whistler
“life/surf changing experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

PNS was an amazing experience -incredible food, fantastic coaching, cozy/beautiful accomodations, yoga and amazing people!!! My surfing improved more than I ever imagined and I loved the extra feedback from the video analysis, photos and pool sessions. The staff are amazing and work very hard to make it an incredible experience. Best last minute decision we ever made.

Visited May 2013