“A custom- sculpted surf safari” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 18 activities in Montezuma
Type: Surf Camps
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Peaks 'n Swells Surf Camp provides incredible, one of a kind beachfront lodging, top surf instructors and sought-after yoga instructors to deliver a high performance surf camp in an uncrowded and stunning part of Costa Rica. Peaks offers a fast track surf experience for those wanting to progress in their surfing or beginners who are serious about wanting to learn to surf. The small camp sizes in an uncrowded area offering a variety of surf breaks will ensure an unintimidating and true surfing experience. Live your dream! Surf with Peaks 'n Swells!
“A custom- sculpted surf safari”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

PNS was the best decision I ever made. At first I was a little nervous about the price. But after the experience, I realize how worth it the camp really is, especially compared to what else is out there. at PNS everyone is professional, friendly, and very accommodating. My surfing coach was a natural teacher, and very inspiring. I was encouraged, and supported in the water, while trying to learn the difficult sport of surfing. I felt like we were taken care of, with trips to the ice cream shop, and homemade delicious meals that are healthy and delicious. Martin and Jem are quite the coaching team, and Hillary puts it all together with a warm smile on her face. Definitely go do PNS, I recommend it to my closest friends!

Visited November 2012

Seattle, Washington
“Pura Vida!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I went to the Surfer Girl Recharge after taking my family to Family Camp the year prior. Both were amazing experiences that we will never forget. However, the Surfer Girl Recharge was the shot in the arm needed to totally recharge! We spent the week in intense surf lessons, with video analysis, tons of photos, beach drills and the best waves. The coaching is unparalleled and you feel like you are hanging with local friends the whole week. You feel integrated into the whole experience, not just as a weekly visitor, goes much deeper than that. So you come out of the week having progressed amazingly no matter what your level, feeling like an accomplished and competent surfer. Plus all the other activities, including yoga, surf strength training, beach runs, massages, and fabulous healthy local food are just perfect. You come home with a new improved outlook on life, health and the world. The best of all worlds!

Visited November 2012
Calgary, Canada
“Epic Vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I can't say enough about Peaks 'n Swells... This was easily one of the best trips i have ever taken.
The staff and family that run the camp are fantastic. Very welcoming, accomodating and extremely knowledgeable about the area. The accomodations are simple and beautiful. The property is as oceanfront as it gets and has a very relaxing vibe to it. Walking distance to a great little town, beautiful beaches, waterfalls and a sweet surfspot. The surfing instruction was fantastic. The coaches are great and the mix of theory and technique was perfect. From teaching the fundamentals, to working patiently to advance our skills daily, we really felt lucky to have this kind of instruction in the water. This is not a commercialized surf vaction. This is a relaxing, friendly, beautiful place with awesome surf coaching, and great people. Epic!

Visited December 2012
Tofino
“Best Vacation Ever!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

We just returned from a 10 day family surf camp at Peaks and Swells. I have to say it was a really fantastic experience! From the excellent coaching to the delicious food, to the way the staff really bent over backward to make sure everyone had what they needed, Peaks and Swells is a first-rate operation. As a family, we are fortunate to have been living in a North Pacific surfing community for the past 3 years. In this time, we have all learned to surf, with our teen son having developed the most skill. I mention this to underline the fact that Peaks and Swells is not limited to working with beginners; the coaching staff are able to work with surfers from beginner to experienced as they are all excellent surfers with coaching certification. We all had the benefit of video analysis and instruction tailored to our individual level. We have each come home with new skills to practice and an understanding of what areas we are doing well in, and what areas need work, the best being how to make improvements so our skills can develop. If you are considering a surf camp destination, do not hesitate to choose Peaks and Swells - you won't regret it!!

Visited March 2013
Calgary
“Amazing and Authentic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

This trip I made to Peaks ‘n Swells was amazing. It was able to provide me with the best surf instructor around, super friendly hospitality, relaxation, and fresh food every day. My favourite was having a nice cold fresh coconut drink right after a long surf session. I really felt I got an authentic Costa Rica experience. The accommodations were absolutely stellar and would come back to this surf camp in a second.

Visited December 2012