“Best Vacation Ever!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 18 Activities in Montezuma
Type: Surf Camps
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Peaks 'n Swells Surf Camp provides incredible, one of a kind beachfront lodging, top surf instructors and sought-after yoga instructors to deliver a high performance surf camp in an uncrowded and stunning part of Costa Rica. Peaks offers a fast track surf experience for those wanting to progress in their surfing or beginners who are serious about wanting to learn to surf. The small camp sizes in an uncrowded area offering a variety of surf breaks will ensure an unintimidating and true surfing experience. Live your dream! Surf with Peaks 'n Swells!
Tofino
“Best Vacation Ever!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

We just returned from a 10 day family surf camp at Peaks and Swells. I have to say it was a really fantastic experience! From the excellent coaching to the delicious food, to the way the staff really bent over backward to make sure everyone had what they needed, Peaks and Swells is a first-rate operation. As a family, we are fortunate to have been living in a North Pacific surfing community for the past 3 years. In this time, we have all learned to surf, with our teen son having developed the most skill. I mention this to underline the fact that Peaks and Swells is not limited to working with beginners; the coaching staff are able to work with surfers from beginner to experienced as they are all excellent surfers with coaching certification. We all had the benefit of video analysis and instruction tailored to our individual level. We have each come home with new skills to practice and an understanding of what areas we are doing well in, and what areas need work, the best being how to make improvements so our skills can develop. If you are considering a surf camp destination, do not hesitate to choose Peaks and Swells - you won't regret it!!

Visited March 2013

Calgary
“Amazing and Authentic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

This trip I made to Peaks ‘n Swells was amazing. It was able to provide me with the best surf instructor around, super friendly hospitality, relaxation, and fresh food every day. My favourite was having a nice cold fresh coconut drink right after a long surf session. I really felt I got an authentic Costa Rica experience. The accommodations were absolutely stellar and would come back to this surf camp in a second.

Visited December 2012
Stowe, Vermont
3 attraction reviews
“Best vacation ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

I have to say that this was one of the best vacations I have ever had. Hillary, Ryan and Karen are an amazing family and make you feel like you are part of it when you visit. The rooms were clean and simple and very comfortable- in a beautiful setting right on the beach with sea turtle babies to boot! The town of Montezuma is great too- only a 5 minute walk away. The food was incredibly yummy and healthy. My favorite of course was learning to surf- the instructors were top notch and I felt like I was given the right information in the right order at the right time. LOVED it and can't wait to surf again. Daily yoga on top of it all - can't beat it. Karen takes the most amazing pictures too. I went on the trip with 6 friends but intend to return with my family as soon as I can- I know they would love it. Wish I was still there and am counting the weeks until I can return. Thank you all for a great experience.

Visited November 2012
Vermont
“Hands Down on of the best Vacations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I had never surfed before and was not sure what to expect on this vacation. However, I had the most amazing trip. Every detail was taken care of these was not one thing I needed to think about except for bathing suit sunscreen and rash guard. The surf instructors were wonderful they were knowledgable, encouraging and all around great teachers. The accommodations were beautiful like a little bit of paradise. The food was healthy and delicious! Thanks to Hillary, Ryan, Gem, Karen, and Martin.

Visited December 2012
Kelowna, Canada
“An amazing surf camp for families!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

I could not have imagined a more amazing trip for my son and I! As a single parent with a 3 year old, I would not have been able to do a surf camp; focus on my surfing and know that my son was in excellent hands (eating all the muffins mind you;). I was blown away by the delicious fresh and healthy food, the professional surf instruction, and the overall beauty of costa rica! The location of the camp is conveniently located near some great surf breaks! Plus, the professional pictures remind me everyday of the amazing trip!!

Visited April 2012