“Best vacation ever!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 18 activities in Montezuma
Type: Surf Camps
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Peaks 'n Swells Surf Camp provides incredible, one of a kind beachfront lodging, top surf instructors and sought-after yoga instructors to deliver a high performance surf camp in an uncrowded and stunning part of Costa Rica. Peaks offers a fast track surf experience for those wanting to progress in their surfing or beginners who are serious about wanting to learn to surf. The small camp sizes in an uncrowded area offering a variety of surf breaks will ensure an unintimidating and true surfing experience. Live your dream! Surf with Peaks 'n Swells!
Stowe, Vermont
3 attraction reviews
“Best vacation ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

I have to say that this was one of the best vacations I have ever had. Hillary, Ryan and Karen are an amazing family and make you feel like you are part of it when you visit. The rooms were clean and simple and very comfortable- in a beautiful setting right on the beach with sea turtle babies to boot! The town of Montezuma is great too- only a 5 minute walk away. The food was incredibly yummy and healthy. My favorite of course was learning to surf- the instructors were top notch and I felt like I was given the right information in the right order at the right time. LOVED it and can't wait to surf again. Daily yoga on top of it all - can't beat it. Karen takes the most amazing pictures too. I went on the trip with 6 friends but intend to return with my family as soon as I can- I know they would love it. Wish I was still there and am counting the weeks until I can return. Thank you all for a great experience.

Visited November 2012

Vermont
“Hands Down on of the best Vacations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I had never surfed before and was not sure what to expect on this vacation. However, I had the most amazing trip. Every detail was taken care of these was not one thing I needed to think about except for bathing suit sunscreen and rash guard. The surf instructors were wonderful they were knowledgable, encouraging and all around great teachers. The accommodations were beautiful like a little bit of paradise. The food was healthy and delicious! Thanks to Hillary, Ryan, Gem, Karen, and Martin.

Visited December 2012
Kelowna, Canada
“An amazing surf camp for families!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

I could not have imagined a more amazing trip for my son and I! As a single parent with a 3 year old, I would not have been able to do a surf camp; focus on my surfing and know that my son was in excellent hands (eating all the muffins mind you;). I was blown away by the delicious fresh and healthy food, the professional surf instruction, and the overall beauty of costa rica! The location of the camp is conveniently located near some great surf breaks! Plus, the professional pictures remind me everyday of the amazing trip!!

Visited April 2012
Hood River, Oregon
“One of my best surf Trips!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

I normally would not be the one to go to a "surf camp", as I generally like to get away from people when I travel for surf and explore the place I am going. My experience at Peaks and Swells, changed that idea for me. This place was amazing, one of the most consistent places there is to surf. Left and Right Points, Beachbreaks. The surfing was good everyday we were there. Not to mention, the insane location, the accomadations are super rad, nice pool and the food was amazing. If I brought home two things it was the food and the surfing. Hillary and the crew at Peaks killed it and I would no doubt do another surf camp with these guys.

Thanks for the fun week!

Visited May 2012
Whistler, British Columbia, Canada
“For those that believe in recreation for the soul”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

They say Costa Rica has the most consistent surf in the world and I was rewarded with surf everyday for a month minus 3 days during the month of April. Hillary and the crew of Peaks N Swells offers up a memorable locals experience of rustic Montezuma, Costa Rica and the surrounding surf for individuals and families of any shape and size.

As far as surf experiences go, they have it all...beach breaks and point breaks and rights and lefts for all skill levels. This kept me smiling and progressing with the help of technical surf coaching from 3 excellent teachers, including video analysis (best teaching tool ever to see yourself surfing!!Thanx M&G)

The accommodations are 3 unique buildings on an idyllic property with the ocean as your front yard and the jungle as your backyard and a pool in the middle to cool off from the heat of the mid day sun. Fresh coconut water everyday!!!!!!!! April/May was mango season and cashew season and my favorite part of the day was picking ripe fruit off the trees for smoothies and other delicious creations. The town is only 10 min down the beach from the property and offers great restaurant selection and a few bars for evening entertainment and even live music.

A variety of Yoga instructors kept everyone energized and ready to surf dawn patrol the next day. Group dinners were a treat with a variety of local chefs that made everything from scratch with fresh local ingredients that kept you dreaming of your next meal (like every man I think with my stomach).

My solo experience included other families with kids and everyone was looked after, in and out of the water. And everyone had fun everyday.

Could go on but the overall experience is a 9 out of 10 for an adventure surf holiday.

If you have not been to Costa Rica....this is a great non-touristy way to experience the coast.

Visited April 2012