“An amazing surf camp for families!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 18 Activities in Montezuma
Type: Surf Camps
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Peaks 'n Swells Surf Camp provides incredible, one of a kind beachfront lodging, top surf instructors and sought-after yoga instructors to deliver a high performance surf camp in an uncrowded and stunning part of Costa Rica. Peaks offers a fast track surf experience for those wanting to progress in their surfing or beginners who are serious about wanting to learn to surf. The small camp sizes in an uncrowded area offering a variety of surf breaks will ensure an unintimidating and true surfing experience. Live your dream! Surf with Peaks 'n Swells!
Kelowna, Canada
“An amazing surf camp for families!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

I could not have imagined a more amazing trip for my son and I! As a single parent with a 3 year old, I would not have been able to do a surf camp; focus on my surfing and know that my son was in excellent hands (eating all the muffins mind you;). I was blown away by the delicious fresh and healthy food, the professional surf instruction, and the overall beauty of costa rica! The location of the camp is conveniently located near some great surf breaks! Plus, the professional pictures remind me everyday of the amazing trip!!

Hood River, Oregon
“One of my best surf Trips!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

I normally would not be the one to go to a "surf camp", as I generally like to get away from people when I travel for surf and explore the place I am going. My experience at Peaks and Swells, changed that idea for me. This place was amazing, one of the most consistent places there is to surf. Left and Right Points, Beachbreaks. The surfing was good everyday we were there. Not to mention, the insane location, the accomadations are super rad, nice pool and the food was amazing. If I brought home two things it was the food and the surfing. Hillary and the crew at Peaks killed it and I would no doubt do another surf camp with these guys.

Thanks for the fun week!

Visited May 2012
Whistler, British Columbia, Canada
“For those that believe in recreation for the soul”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

They say Costa Rica has the most consistent surf in the world and I was rewarded with surf everyday for a month minus 3 days during the month of April. Hillary and the crew of Peaks N Swells offers up a memorable locals experience of rustic Montezuma, Costa Rica and the surrounding surf for individuals and families of any shape and size.

As far as surf experiences go, they have it all...beach breaks and point breaks and rights and lefts for all skill levels. This kept me smiling and progressing with the help of technical surf coaching from 3 excellent teachers, including video analysis (best teaching tool ever to see yourself surfing!!Thanx M&G)

The accommodations are 3 unique buildings on an idyllic property with the ocean as your front yard and the jungle as your backyard and a pool in the middle to cool off from the heat of the mid day sun. Fresh coconut water everyday!!!!!!!! April/May was mango season and cashew season and my favorite part of the day was picking ripe fruit off the trees for smoothies and other delicious creations. The town is only 10 min down the beach from the property and offers great restaurant selection and a few bars for evening entertainment and even live music.

A variety of Yoga instructors kept everyone energized and ready to surf dawn patrol the next day. Group dinners were a treat with a variety of local chefs that made everything from scratch with fresh local ingredients that kept you dreaming of your next meal (like every man I think with my stomach).

My solo experience included other families with kids and everyone was looked after, in and out of the water. And everyone had fun everyday.

Could go on but the overall experience is a 9 out of 10 for an adventure surf holiday.

If you have not been to Costa Rica....this is a great non-touristy way to experience the coast.

Revelstoke
“There is no Off Season !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

Best trip ever! Thank you Peaks N Swells for compiling the best surf program imaginable - High caliber coaching (video analysis, pool sessions, wave theory, key techniques), a surf schedule based on the daily best waves/brakes, quality boards, yoga, massage, etc. Every detail was provided to enhance and accelerate my surf progression... then add in the beautiful beach front accommodation and local culinary flair. Dream trip. Not only did I learn solid skills, I found a new passion. I can’t thank you enough. You have shown me there is no "off season" (un-fun rainy months between winter/summer) now that I know how to surf!

Whistler
“Best way to get better at surfing! and have the best vacation ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

My trip to peaks n swells blew me away. An unbelieveable experience that would be hard to duplicate anywhere else in the world. I went for the surf coaching which a friend had told me was like no other camp- and they were right. I can't believe how much the video analysis helped improve my surfing so fast- things I had been working on for years were changed in a few days. The warm water surfing was unreal to surf in! We went to 3 different breaks over the 7 days around the area which was so cool to see. The small group size made it fun to come on my own and have a fun group to hang out with.
The surf camp itself will blow anyone away- beachhouses right on the water in the best spot right out of the super cool town of Montezuma. An ideal spot to come back to after a great day at the break! We hung out at the pool looking out on the ocean.
The food was amazing- from the killer breakfasts to the fresh guacamole and salsa served with cold beers at sunset! Nora's fish tacos and Gem's freshly baked brownie sundaes for dinner were awesome!
I'll be back for sure - no vacation has ever matched this one. I felt like this was my place and I can'r wait to get back to surf with everyone. Hillary and crew do an amazing job to make the trip everything you have ever wanted in a surf vacation. It's hard to write a review as we all want to keep this place to ourselves!

Visited March 2012