“Best way to get better at surfing! and have the best vacation ever!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Peaks 'n Swells Surf Camp

Ranked #3 of 18 Activities in Montezuma
Type: Surf Camps
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Peaks 'n Swells Surf Camp provides incredible, one of a kind beachfront lodging, top surf instructors and sought-after yoga instructors to deliver a high performance surf camp in an uncrowded and stunning part of Costa Rica. Peaks offers a fast track surf experience for those wanting to progress in their surfing or beginners who are serious about wanting to learn to surf. The small camp sizes in an uncrowded area offering a variety of surf breaks will ensure an unintimidating and true surfing experience. Live your dream! Surf with Peaks 'n Swells!
Whistler
“Best way to get better at surfing! and have the best vacation ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

My trip to peaks n swells blew me away. An unbelieveable experience that would be hard to duplicate anywhere else in the world. I went for the surf coaching which a friend had told me was like no other camp- and they were right. I can't believe how much the video analysis helped improve my surfing so fast- things I had been working on for years were changed in a few days. The warm water surfing was unreal to surf in! We went to 3 different breaks over the 7 days around the area which was so cool to see. The small group size made it fun to come on my own and have a fun group to hang out with.
The surf camp itself will blow anyone away- beachhouses right on the water in the best spot right out of the super cool town of Montezuma. An ideal spot to come back to after a great day at the break! We hung out at the pool looking out on the ocean.
The food was amazing- from the killer breakfasts to the fresh guacamole and salsa served with cold beers at sunset! Nora's fish tacos and Gem's freshly baked brownie sundaes for dinner were awesome!
I'll be back for sure - no vacation has ever matched this one. I felt like this was my place and I can'r wait to get back to surf with everyone. Hillary and crew do an amazing job to make the trip everything you have ever wanted in a surf vacation. It's hard to write a review as we all want to keep this place to ourselves!

Visited March 2012

Hood River, Oregon, United States
“Fast track to surfing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

Not only are the accommodations beautiful, serene, and relaxing, the staff is beyond attentive and great fun! The food was delicious, with tropical variety, the rooms were very comfortable with simplistic elegance, and the surf coaches were all ready to teach you to be on the fast track of surfing! Wether you are going to Costa Rica to relax, to learn how to surf, or just to get great refined coaching, Peaks 'n Swells is an amazing place to go! I can't wait to go back!

Visited May 2012
White Salmon, Washington
“Peaks & Swell”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

Really one of the funnest trips I have been on in a long time, super nice house, excellent food, great surf, Hillary & staff run a really nice program. Really good coaching staff and instructions. If your looking for a fun family/friend trip check this out for sure. Plus the water is warm and friendly.
M

Visited May 2012
Stowe, Vermont
3 attraction reviews
“Even Better Year Two”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Maybe the best thing I can say about Peaks N Swells is that we chose to go back this year for another week of family surf camp, and it was even better than year one (which was amazing!). All of the reviews site top-notch surf instruction with Chris Johnson, and this year he was joined by Martin who provided a more analytical approach. Together they enabled everyone in my family to ride bigger and better waves, and have a blast doing it! While the surfing is the centerpiece, it's all the many, many details that make this family camp so outstanding: fresh, healthy food; beach bonfires; regular monkey and iguana sightings; comfortable and beautiful accommodations; professional photography; and daily yoga with the incredible Dagmar Spremberg.

The small size of the camp makes it very personal-- we felt more like guests of the Harrison family and left with many new friends. It's not a "one-size-fits-all" experience. Hillary tailors every aspect of the day-- from which break to surf to what time dinner is served-- to you and your family. Kids activities might include climbing coconut trees, checking out the turtle sanctuary, or walking into town for a fruit smoothie while the adults do yoga. Again, the staff is tuned into the kids' energy levels and interests. I've been home for 4 days and am already trying to plan a trip for the fall!

Visited April 2012
Boston
“Best adventure vacation experience - fun, challenging and relaxing at the same time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

I can't recommend Peaks 'n Swells more highly. My family and I were in search of an alternative to our usual winter ski/snowboard trip, and wanted something just as fun, relaxing, and enjoyable. Having spent a week at Peaks 'n Swells, we now can't wait to get back there!

The entire experience was a special one - personalized surf, yoga, massage, and pure relaxation experience -- all in whatever combination each guest desires. Peaks 'n Swells home base is a gorgeous property that's right on the ocean, and within walking distance of the town of Montezuma, complete with cute shops, delicious restaurants, and fantastic ice cream.

The learning-to-surf experience that Peaks n' Swells provides is fantastic, with instructors who tailor their teaching to each person's ability and motivation. We were a group of 8, and all had wonderful times! And, even for those of us who were more experienced surfers going into the week, the instructors provided challenge, learning, and fun.

Visited April 2012