“Pure Bliss...” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 23 Activities in Montezuma
Type: Health Clubs, Wellness & Spas
More attraction details
Owner description: Beautiful Yoga Studio and Retreat Center with ocean view in the charming beach town Montezuma. only 5 minutes walking distance from town you will find our beautiful open air studio . Come and practice Anusara Inspired & Vinyasa Flow Yoga to the sound of monkeys, birds and the ocean. All of our instructors are highly trained and experienced, and you will get the attention you deserve. Special candlelight & live music classes on sunday evenings and donation yoga classes on saturdays with the proceeds supporting our local recycling project.We also host yoga retreats with international teachers and yoga teacher trainings as well as individual yoga vacation packages. Please refer to our website for more details and prices. We look forward to seeing you on the mat!
Toronto, Canada
“Pure Bliss...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

It has been a month since my visit to Hotel Los Mangos/Montezuma Yoga.

It was a transformative experience and I recommend greatly this once-in-a-lifetime experience to anyone looking for time to focus on themselves and for renewed energy.

The yogis at Montezuma were fantastic and "held space" with a formidable understanding of grace and patience for their class. No matter what level of experience the classes were physical challenging as much as they cultivated inner strength and balance. I can easily say that my yoga practice has matured and developed in ways that would have not otherwise been possible.

I am particularly grateful to Dagmar for her ability to always be present and was extremely helpful throughout the planning of my trip to Montezuma as well as ensuring that I participated in all that this seaside village has to offer - shedding the stresses as much as the trappings of a life that seemed a world away. I highly recommend to all the fantastic gifts and energy of Cordula and her accupressure massage that is transcendant.

Additionally, hotel Los Mangos was a fantastic home away from home. Monkeys in the trees, iguanas lurking in bushes, waves crashing within view... an incredible ambiance of relaxation and the natural divine. The cabana was well kept, the hotel owner incredibly gracious to its guests and the hotel staff were also incredibly warm and friendly while attentive to your needs.

Thank you Dagmar and Hotel Los Mangos for a wonderful journey of self discovery... and renewed strength. I will be back without question as the yoga experience you offer is without question Pura Vida.

Namaste!

Visited May 2014

Boston, Massachusetts
“The Perfect Getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

My friend and I signed up for the 7 day yoga-and-surf package and enjoyed it tremendously.

Accommodation
We stayed in a private bungalow; each had a hammock and chairs on an attached patio facing the sea. The rooms were clean and everything functioned well. The hotel was also a short walk away to the central part of town, where there are plenty of restaurants to choose from and a convenience store that sold pretty much everything . Breakfast provided for us in the morning was also divine, especially the fresh fruit.

Yoga
Dagmar is the best yoga teacher I have ever taken a class with. I'm convinced that she, with her knowledge of yoga, has the ability to alleviate or remove any pain/ tension one might have physically or mentally. Sylvia was also a great instructor and we looked forward to our classes with her each morning. Doing yoga at dusk with hang music filling the air and the sea breeze against my face - that was definitely my highlight of the trip.

Surfing
It was our first time surfing but we had a blast. Our surf teacher, Mauricio, was extremely patient and he took the time to give each one of us individualized advice and help us out. He was also really sweet and would bring us snacks to munch on (surfing makes you really hungry).

All in all, excellent trip - my friend and I didn't want to leave. We definitely hope to go back there soon!

Visited March 2014
Victoria, Canada
3 attraction reviews
“Blissful Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

My 7-day yoga and wellness retreat with Montezuma Yoga was one of the most beautiful experiences of my life. I had been backpacking solo through Costa Rica for 2 weeks prior to visiting Montezuma; however, I wish I had spent longer than one week in this beautiful, eclectic, welcoming beach town. As a solo female traveller, I was apprehensive about visiting a foreign town. After staying in Montezuma and seeing how strong the sisterhood of solo female travellers is, I would recommend it 1,000 times over to anyone - families, females, couples - travelling in Costa Rica! Dagmar (founder of Montezuma Yoga) was incredibly helpful to me: she replied with haste to my countless emails asking about transportation, bank machines, location, schedule changes, etc. Note: withdraw cash prior to arriving in Montezuma. The bank machine (yes, one machine) is not particularly reliable. All places accept major credit cards, though.

Los Mangos Hotel is basic - no wifi in the rooms (only at reception), no air conditioning, no kitchen - but with a location less than 100m from the ocean and a beautiful pool and yoga pavilion overlooking the bay, sacrifices can be made. This is not an all-inclusive resort... this is a place perfect for self-discovery, transformation, and learning. The owner, Konstantinos, is incredibly helpful, friendly, and respectful! The staff at Los Mangos are helpful and friendly. Please try to speak Spanish with them - they will love you! The girls at reception speak English very well... but their personalities are so sunny, happy, and refreshing, it's beautiful to communicate with them in their native tongue.

My yoga & wellness package included daily breakfast (fruit, coffee, juice, eggs... I would recommend the gallo pinto!) from Amor de Mar hotel/restaurant. It also included 1 full body massage (Cordula, the massage therapist, is amazing!), 1 private yoga session with either Dagmar or one of the other instructors (Silvia's yoga nidra inspired class is exceptional), and 1 day trip to Tortuga Island for snorkelling. Bring sunscreen!! The tour companies provide equipment. I brought my own snorkelling gear, but from what I could see, all of the equipment (fins, snorkels, masks, life preservers) were in great condition and were offered in all sizes.

As a dedicated yoga practitioner, I found that the instructors were of a high calibre and possessed an incredible knowledge of yoga and meditation. Montezuma Yoga invites practitioners of any level - beginner to advanced - and the instructors are aware of what each student needs. My private yoga session with Dagmar was life changing :) She has so much knowledge of yoga and it was wonderful to share a practice with her.

Visited May 2014
enjoylifenewyork, Owner at Montezuma Yoga, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Thank You for your beautiful and detailed review, so happy you had such a wonderful experience and it was the same for me, i loved our sweet private hanuman session together! I have been living here now for 13 years and still think montezuma is very special, so i am happy to share that with our guests. I hope you come back and we get to do more yoga together ;) all the best to you!!!!
London
4 attraction reviews
“Rejuvenate and feel peaceful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

What a perfect package! My partner and I took yoga the surf and wellbeing package respectively with Montezuma Yoga. Dagmar and Silvia are highly professional teachers who run creative and interesting classes. I loved the unique class with Hang music. Los Mangos is the best place to get in the vibe, you're 5 minutes from the town but far enough out to feel you are in the jungle. You have the perfect sound of the ocean as your yoga soundtrack and the best views from the yoga pavilion, we saw so much new wildlife here every day. Breakfast was excellent. You can go before yoga for fruit and coffee and come back after with everyone to eat a full breakfast. The atmosphere created by everyone involved is so welcoming you will feel at home. And when you have a massage with Cordula you will want to stay an extra week (we did!). Montezuma itself has a great vibe and some amazing restaurants. I can't say enough to praise Montezuma Yoga, just try it out for yourself.

Visited April 2014
thank you for your review, it was a pleasure meeting you two in our little paradise here! Silvia and I are both very passionate about teaching and love to share!!! Hope you come back one day, until then be well and good luck with all your new upcoming projects!!!! sunny regards from Montezuma, Dagmar
Los Angeles, California
3 attraction reviews
“Serenity, joy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

My friend and I took a week off to spend at Hotel Los Mangoes doing the Montezuma yoga and surf retreat, and I HIGHLY recommend it for anyone who wants to decompress, unplug, reconnect to nature, and recenter. We started every morning doing 1.5 hour of yoga in a beautiful studio, open on all sides to nature and facing the ocean, taught by peaceful and knowledgable instructors. We then had delicious breakfast (included) that consisted of fresh fruit plates, frappuccino or fresh juice, coffee, and your choice of omelets, crepes, and more. Then we hiked 30-45 minutes through the woods and over beaches to surf for several hours with High Tide Surf School, and everyone there was able to stand up, even if it was their first time. We shared apples at breaktime, and hiked back to town where we'd stop and have gelato or a snack at Cafe Organico. Imagine doing just that, every day, for a week. The serenity I achieved will last me years to come, all thanks to Dagmar and her Montezuma Yoga and surf package!

Visited March 2014
enjoylifenewyork, Owner at Montezuma Yoga, responded to this review, April 5, 2014
Thank you so much, we are happy to hear your great feedback as we are always trying to improve the service to our guests :) we feel blessed to live in such an amazing place and happy to share it with people like you! Hope you will keep the warmth and memories of your visit for a long time and we'll meet again. All the best!