“Nurturing yoga classes in a beautiful tropical setting” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 18 Activities in Montezuma
Type: Health Clubs
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Beautiful Yoga Studio and Retreat Center with ocean view in the charming beach town Montezuma. only 5 minutes walking distance from town you will find our beautiful open air studio . Come and practice Anusara Inspired & Vinyasa Flow Yoga to the sound of monkeys, birds and the ocean. All of our instructors are highly trained and experienced, and you will get the attention you deserve. Special candlelight & live music classes on sunday evenings and donation yoga classes on saturdays with the proceeds supporting our local recycling project.We also host yoga retreats with international teachers and yoga teacher trainings as well as individual yoga vacation packages. Please refer to our website for more details and prices. We look forward to seeing you on the mat!
Kekaha, Hawaii
“Nurturing yoga classes in a beautiful tropical setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

I found some of Dagmar's classes on you tube about 2 years ago and they became part of my regular practice. When a trip to Costa Rica came up it was no question where I would spend my time. Montezuma Yoga has exceeded my expectations by far. The setting is beautiful, the open air studio is surrounded by mango trees, overlooking the ocean. All the teachers are world class, very experienced, helpful and friendly. I'm looking forward to class every morning, such a nurturing practice and beautiful energy. And it's not just the teachers, meeting like minded people from all around the globe has been such a nice experience too. Hours go by with inspiring conversations over breakfast each moning. I highly recommend Dagmar's studio and would come back here anytime.

Visited May 2013
enjoylifenewyork, Owner at Montezuma Yoga, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you so much for your review, we are always happy if people enjoy our classes!!!! i hope you will carry the memories and inspiration for a long time with you :) all the best, dagmar

Toronto
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Such a lovely, welcoming place to stay. We did the yoga package w breakfasts and activities included... we absolutely loved starting our day with yoga, especially with the fantastic view and sound of the ocean. All of the yoga teachers were excellent - we even learned some partner yoga! We found it to be the perfect mix between yoga and time to explore other activities in the area. I would definitely recommend this to anybody who is interested in yoga/beach/other outdoor activities!

Toronto, Canada
“A wonderful place to practice yoga and reconnect with nature”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

My week long trip to Montezuma Yoga was a wonderful mix of relaxation and rejuvenation. Hotel Los Mangos, located in a mango stand, with the sound of the ocean, inspired calm. The instructors, Dagmar and Sylvia were both experienced and generous in their teaching. While the classes brought a diverse range of people together to share in practice.
The daily breakfast was a fresh and very substantial and made even better by its oceanside location.
I would highly recommend Montezuma Yoga to anyone looking to improve their practice and find a relaxing get away in a natural setting.

Calgary, Canada
“Excellent Yoga Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I just spent 7 fabulous days doing yoga with Dagmar and Sylvia at Montezuma Yoga. Not only was the setting beautiful but both Dagmar and Sylvia are inspiring and extremely knowledgable teachers. Having practiced yoga off and on for almost 40 years, I had been away from the matt for close to 2 years and found this 7 day immersion a wonderful way to re-commit to my practice. Practicing to the background sounds of the rythmic ocean surf, perfume of the Yling Yling tree blossoms and beautiful bird songs was truly inspiring! I've only been home for a couple of days and I'm already plotting my course back to Montezuma Yoga for 2014. With a fabulous organic breakfast included in the package each day, I believe it's the best yoga retreat I have ever experienced. I highly recommend it to everyone and anyone looking for a rejuvinating respite! Thanks again for a wonderful experience!

Visited March 2013
enjoylifenewyork, Owner at Montezuma Yoga, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Thank you so much Maureen....your graceful practice was an inspiration to us and we look forward to seeing you again next year! all the best! Dagmar
Montreal, Canada
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I stayed 12 days at Los Mangos and took a package yoga/surf. Surf was a nice experience with patient teacher and not to big waves, perfect for a beginner. The yoga experience was realy a enriching one.
Dagmar and al the other theachers are competents, patients, generus and they are there to help you
deepen your practice. You sense that they love to teach yoga. Morning courses are at 8.30 so it is not to hot. You practice your postures overlooking the ocean in front of you. The evening sessions are with candle light and practicing guided by Sylvia wo as an enchanting voice or by Lucy with her fantastic energy make me want to go back next year.
Richard