“Excellent instructors and beautiful location” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 18 activities in Montezuma
Type: Health Clubs
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Beautiful Yoga Studio and Retreat Center with ocean view in the charming beach town Montezuma. only 5 minutes walking distance from town you will find our beautiful open air studio . Come and practice Anusara Inspired & Vinyasa Flow Yoga to the sound of monkeys, birds and the ocean. All of our instructors are highly trained and experienced, and you will get the attention you deserve. Special candlelight & live music classes on sunday evenings and donation yoga classes on saturdays with the proceeds supporting our local recycling project.We also host yoga retreats with international teachers and yoga teacher trainings as well as individual yoga vacation packages. Please refer to our website for more details and prices. We look forward to seeing you on the mat!
Brooklyn, New York, United States
“Excellent instructors and beautiful location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Amazing teachers and classes set in one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen! My husband and I do lots of yoga in NYC and were impressed with Dagmar and Sylvia's vinyasa flow classes as well as Lucy's Bhakti flow (an incredible ab work out). Looking forward to coming back :)

Visited January 2013

Toronto, Canada
7 attraction reviews
“Best Yoga Location on Earth.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

It's a yoga studio of your dreams. Apparently, it used to be the owner's home. My significant other and I decided we'd build our future tropical home EXACTLY the same. Knowledgeable instructors and a nice healthy break from drinking beer and eating:-)

Visited December 2012
Portland, Oregon, United States
“Best place to fall in love with your practice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

This is my favorite yoga studio of all time. The studio is beautiful, you can feel the breeze on your skin, and listen to the ocean while you practice. Dagmar and Sylvia are two of my favorite teachers. They are incredibly connected to the students and is present in their teaching. Every class is well sequenced and in flow with the energy of each day. The classes are multi leveled and I am ever amazed at how they create an interesting and challenging class for beginners to advanced. I feel in love with this studio 2 years ago, and it completely changed my practice for the better. I know I will be back many times in the future!

Visited December 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
“inspiring energy, tranquil space”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

This is by far the most beautiful studio I have been to. It is set far enough back from the main road that it is peaceful yet still in view of the ocean. Dagmar and Sylvia are wonderful teachers, and take extra care to get to know all of their students, even those only visiting briefly. I really felt sense of community practicing here, so much so that I returned for another week after visiting for two weeks, and plan to return again soon. The classes are suitable for all levels but challenging enough even for more advanced students. I felt very grounded and found my practice grew very quickly practicing here. The teachers play wonderful music selections and there is live music for a candlelit class Sunday evenings (the Hang music class is especially powerful). I especially loved the long savasanas - 10-15 minutes each class - that really take your yoga to a new level.

Visited November 2012
Stowe, Vermont
3 attraction reviews
“Best yoga!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

I recently spent a week in Montezuma and had the pleasure of doing yoga with Dagmar every day. I loved every second of it. I have had my fair share of yoga instructors and Dagmar is most definitely one of my favorites. From her soft soothing voice to her ability to break down poses and make you feel comfortable whether you are doing a handstand or simply sitting for meditation, she is wonderful. I loved the flow of her class as well. I have both of her videos as well so I can bring her home to snowy Vermont with me. Highly recommend her studio and class- counting the days until I can practice yoga with her again in person. Thanks Dagmar!

Visited November 2012