“Inspiring, encouraging, beautiful yoga teachers” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 18 Activities in Montezuma
Type: Health Clubs
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Beautiful Yoga Studio and Retreat Center with ocean view in the charming beach town Montezuma. only 5 minutes walking distance from town you will find our beautiful open air studio . Come and practice Anusara Inspired & Vinyasa Flow Yoga to the sound of monkeys, birds and the ocean. All of our instructors are highly trained and experienced, and you will get the attention you deserve. Special candlelight & live music classes on sunday evenings and donation yoga classes on saturdays with the proceeds supporting our local recycling project.We also host yoga retreats with international teachers and yoga teacher trainings as well as individual yoga vacation packages. Please refer to our website for more details and prices. We look forward to seeing you on the mat!
London
“Inspiring, encouraging, beautiful yoga teachers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Dagmer and Silvia are both wonderul women and beautiful yoga teachers - very thorough and precise yet so gentle, accepting and permission giving. They taught me so much and inspired me with the grace of their own movements and with their gentle encouragement and kind support throughout the month I practiced yoga with them.

Visited April 2012

Ottawa, Canada
“Great yoga experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

I spent two weeks in Montezuma at La Escuella Del Sol. I had come mainly to learn Spanish and yoga wasn't really a priority for me but I ended up really enjoying my classes with Silvia and Dagmar. I took 5 classes with them each week at the school and ended up taking additional classes with them at their studio on the weekend. They're both great teachers who I thought really did well in getting a sense of the mood of the class and adjusting their instruction accordingly. I especially enjoyed the mix of relatively vigorous yoga to start the class combined with restorative yoga to end it. I highly reccomend dropping in on several of their classes if you can.

Columbia
“The best yoga learning experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

I spent one month in Montezuma at La Escuela Del Sol and took yoga with Silvia and Dagmar. They are absolutely wonderful! Both ladies are truly warm people, but also very encouraging and challenging. I have taken yoga at several other places sporadically, and this is the ONLY studio I wish I could practice at. Dagmar is extremely kind hearted and a great role model for both beginners and experts alike. I really loved the classes and I hope I can travel again soon to study yoga with them!

Visited June 2012
enjoylifenewyork, Owner at Montezuma Yoga, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Thank you so much!!!! Really appreciate your enthusiastic feedback and hope to see you again!!! Until then, enjoy the practice! All the best from Montezuma, Dagmar
Montezuma, Puntarenas, Costa Rica
“knowledgeable teachers, beautiful space”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

I did several classes with both Dagmar and Sylvia at the open air studio in Montezuma. Both teachers are both calm and dynamic offering a lovely experience with great attention to the individual students in the room. In the classes, there were people of all levels and the teachers paid close attention giving different options for the students. There is an emphasis on breathing, noticing your own self in your body, and tuning inwards. Classes are peaceful, but also challenging- a great combination. I'd recommend Sylvia's classes to anyone wanting a greater understanding of proper alignment! Dagmar's voice is like butter, and she has a real knack for personal adjustments. Wonderful studio, and definitely worth making the effort to take a few classes.

edinburgh
5 attraction reviews
“Yoga in Paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

We spent 3 wonderful days in Montezuma recently, during our stay I took myself and my 2 daughters aged 16 & 11 years to 2 yoga sessions at Montezuma Yoga at Hotel Los Mangos. The setting was inspirational as was Sylvia,our teacher. My daughters were beginners and she made them feel very welcome and helped them with the different techniques. If you are visiting Montezuma this is a must do, to be able to have a yoga session in the open air to the sound of birds, wildlife and the ocean is a truly uplifting and relaxing experience and one I will not forget.

Visited July 2012
enjoylifenewyork, Owner at Montezuma Yoga, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
I am so happy to hear this! Thank you so much and enjoy your travels! namaste, dagmar