“Yoga just for the money!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 18 activities in Montezuma
Type: Health Clubs
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Beautiful Yoga Studio and Retreat Center with ocean view in the charming beach town Montezuma. only 5 minutes walking distance from town you will find our beautiful open air studio . Come and practice Anusara Inspired & Vinyasa Flow Yoga to the sound of monkeys, birds and the ocean. All of our instructors are highly trained and experienced, and you will get the attention you deserve. Special candlelight & live music classes on sunday evenings and donation yoga classes on saturdays with the proceeds supporting our local recycling project.We also host yoga retreats with international teachers and yoga teacher trainings as well as individual yoga vacation packages. Please refer to our website for more details and prices. We look forward to seeing you on the mat!
New York City, New York
“Yoga just for the money!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

This location and his beautiful surrounding landscape unfortunately don't offer good yoga teachers, only people that use this word to make money. For example, my teacher Silvia Nevjinsky never had a studio in New York as she says in his curriculum! He started doing yoga just before starting to teach it there. This place is apparently well-organized and' half-a-scam.. any gym in the world can give a better service...for 1/4 of the money!

We are happy person but not stupid

Visited February 2012
, Owner at Montezuma Yoga, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Hola Daynisa,
I am sorry that you didn't like your experience at Montezuma Yoga and respect your opinion, however I am surprised about your review as it is stating false facts and therefore i like to reply to you.....first of all we do not state anywhere that Silvia Nevjinsky owned a yoga studio in NY. Silvia has been practicing Vinyasa Flow Yoga since 1998. In New York she studied intensively with Meg Carlough, April Martucci and Melissa Mitchell . She is a registered Yoga teacher with the Yoga Alliance since September 2005 and has further studied anatomy and kinesiology with Irene Dowd and Paula Tursi. She has been teaching for a few years and is already teaching at Montezuma Yoga since March 2011. So I don't know why you are writing such false facts....However I am the founder and director of Montezuma Yoga and have been teaching here for over 11 years and as you can see in all the other reviews besides your own, people have great experiences and we are very dedicated to provide a supportive and inspiring environment. We also offer discounted class cards to tourists and residents are practicing yoga for half price...Every saturday we offer a donation yoga class with all proceeds going to the local recycling project......Wishing you all the Best, enjoy the practice, Namaste Dagmar

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
“Dagmar is wonderful.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

What a beautiful location. Dagmar's vinyasa flow classes were great - I have been doing yoga for some time, and feel like I gained a lot from practicing with her.

Visited June 2012
Denver, Colorado
3 attraction reviews
“Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

One of the things I was most excited for on my trip to Costa Rica was open air yoga. Montezuma yoga did not disappoint. The class was excellent, the space was beautiful. Make time for a class on your trip!!

Visited May 2012
Hamilton, New Jersey
“beautiful practice in a beautiful setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

While visiting a friend/yoga teacher in Montezuma in July 2011 - I was blessed with the ability to take multiple classes in this beautiful studio. The instructors are very knowledgeable and friendly. They work with all the students and their abilities. The setting is beyond gorgeous...outdoors with an amazing view. You can hear the ocean...and the monkeys while you practice. If you are in the area I would definitely recommend visiting this studio. I hope to see Dagmar again very soon.

Visited July 2011
San Donato in Poggio, Italy
“Freaking Amazing!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

This retreat center was everything we'd wished for and then some...a lot more in fact! It's set in a magical little mango grove full of beauty, life, and nature. The food was delicious and healthy...and the owner was great to work with. I led a yoga retreat there and it was by far the best retreat I've ever led. People said they had the best vacation of their lives, with nature and waterfalls so close and town a five minute walk away an open-air yoga space that overlooked the ocean, we thought we were in paradise. And one more thing - the value is the best - I did my research and this place is a diamond amongst...

Visited April 2012