We came to Luz en el Cielo seeing it had fantastic reviews on Tripadvisor, but for us it didn't live up to its reputation. Don't get me wrong, it has great potential! There are just some basic things that need a bit of work.
Kiwidiwi's review (below) is spot on, but I would argue you won't find a place in Montezuma without noise at night - street noise, beach noise, drum circles. It's part of being in Montezuma; it may be a small town, but it's bustling.
What I would add is that there are no lockers in Luz en el Cielo (or if there are, we weren't told about them), which is why I didn't give this place an "average" rating. The lack of lockers felt like an enormous oversight on behalf of the owners.
Like I said, though, the place has potential. The staff is very friendly and helpful, the bunks and common rooms are clean (though some of the guests certainly were not), and I liked the laid-back vibe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wake up to the sounds of the jungle. Luz en el Cielo B&B/Hostel is located just out of Montezuma's town center. Montezuma is a small beach town with a huge heart and a lot of charm. This newly renovated, classy hostel is great for budget travels, families and couples. We currently have three dorm rooms in the main lodge, one dorm cabina with it's own balcony and bathroom, each equipped with new mattress, sheets and furnishings. We also have newly built private cabinas as of January 2012. Enjoy using our wireless internet, communal kitchen and lounge. Breakfast is included with every stay, as well as coffee all day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld so you can book your Luz en el Cielo Eco-B&B/Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Luz En El Cielo Eco-Bed And Breakfast/Hostel
- Luz En El Cielo Eco-b&b/ Hotel Montezuma