After reading a lot of bad reviews about hostels in montezuma we decided to go to one that did not have any on tripadvisor. Although the hostel is "mwha - ok" it could certainly use some improvements.
The location is not very good. It is next to the main road which gives some noise during the night and there is not, as to many other hostels at the beach, a nice view. Although there are sometimes monkeys climbing and jumping from the trees. One thing about these trees is that it gets really warm because it prevents the ocean breeze from flowing through it.
Also, the larger dorm for eight persons has no fan or whatsoever. Here again, because there is no breeze it can get really hot.
There are Mosquitos here... And the hostel owner let's you rent a mosquito net for two dollars a night.
The breakfast is the cheapest breakfast we ever got in costa rica. Just some rice, beans, one banana and one toast. A 0,20$ breakfast. Most of the hostels in town which don't provide breakfast charge 10 - 12 dollars a night. This breakfast is not worth the 3 - 5 dollars extra.
The community room is far to small. Was probably big enough when the new dorm cabin wasn't there. But now this hostel with 20 beds instead of 12 is to small.
Now the staff is helpful and friendly but some of them are constantly smoking weed...
So in the end this hostel needs some improvements to become a good value hostel. It could become a really great hostel but at this moment I cannot recommend it.
- Also Known As:
- Luz En El Cielo Eco-b&b/ Hotel
- Luz En El Cielo Eco-b&b/ Hotel Montezuma
- Luz En El Cielo Eco-Bed And Breakfast/Hostel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wake up to the sounds of the jungle. Luz en el Cielo B&B/Hostel is located just out of Montezuma's town center. Montezuma is a small beach town with a huge heart and a lot of charm. This newly renovated, classy hostel is great for budget travels, families and couples. We currently have three dorm rooms in the main lodge, one dorm cabina with it's own balcony and bathroom, each equipped with new mattress, sheets and furnishings. We also have newly built private cabinas as of January 2012. Enjoy using our wireless internet, communal kitchen and lounge. Breakfast is included with every stay, as well as coffee all day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld so you can book your Luz en el Cielo Eco-B&B/Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.