My friend and I stayed at Luz for only 2 nights, in the dorm style rooms that are offered. We loved it there! We arrived very late at night on the bus from Paquera, and when we asked the driver, he stopped right in front of the hostel! Despite arriving later at night, we were greeted by very friendly staff and a gang of even friendlier dogs! Are room was small and rustic, (almost felt like we were at summer camp again!) but we weren't bothered at all by it. Bathrooms were exceptionally clean, but no hot water. (To be expected!) The free breakfast offered at Luz is an actual breakfast - Tico style pinto, eggs, toast, and fresh fruit! Also, if you hang out enough during the afternoon, you are sure to see (and hear!) 2 different kinds of monkeys at this place. In fact, during our stay, a fellow guest had left his water bottle on our deck, and upon coming out of my room, I was able to rescue it from being nabbed by a cute little white-faced monkey! The walk from Luz into town really isn't that bad, it only takes about 5-7 minutes or so. From Luz to the official bus stop of Montezuma is only about 10 minutes. Lots of cute little (touristy) shops and restaurants that offer a wide array of food in town. Overall, I'd say we definitely got our money's worth when we stayed at Luz!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wake up to the sounds of the jungle. Luz en el Cielo B&B/Hostel is located just out of Montezuma's town center. Montezuma is a small beach town with a huge heart and a lot of charm. This newly renovated, classy hostel is great for budget travels, families and couples. We currently have three dorm rooms in the main lodge, one dorm cabina with it's own balcony and bathroom, each equipped with new mattress, sheets and furnishings. We also have newly built private cabinas as of January 2012. Enjoy using our wireless internet, communal kitchen and lounge. Breakfast is included with every stay, as well as coffee all day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld so you can book your Luz en el Cielo Eco-B&B/Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Luz En El Cielo Eco-Bed And Breakfast/Hostel
- Luz En El Cielo Eco-b&b/ Hotel Montezuma