We stayed in one of the private cabinas for 3 days. The biggest plus of staying here was the monkeys. I would stay here again just for that experience. Staying here is a very unique experience and you should know what you are getting in here. The people are very sweet, but the other reviews about staff smoking weed etc are true... so that is why i need to rank them a bit lower. It didn't affect my stay or my comfort, but it could affect the comfort of others so it shouldn't go unmentioned. The people who work here are honestly a representation of the people in the community and i enjoyed being around them, but it's not for everyone. I do warn that if you are staying in the cabinas (which you should!!!) you need to be in ok shape for the walk up the hill at night to the room. It's not far, it's just not easy if you have any walking issues. But..back to the monkeys. We woke up every morning surrounded by howler monkeys in the trees around our room and wouldn't trade that experience for the world. Get one of the cabinas for a few nights, drink your coffee and hang out with the monkeys...it was great. We spent 2 weeks in costa rica, and montezuma wasn't our favorite place, but i'm glad we went for the monkeys at luz en cielo. :) Oh..and the bed was really comfortable (something you can't take for granted in costa rica) but the water wasn't hot in the shower in our room, but again after 2 weeks we realize hot showers are not an expectation you should have when going to costa rica.
- Also Known As:
- Luz En El Cielo Eco-b&b/ Hotel
- Luz En El Cielo Eco-b&b/ Hotel Montezuma
- Luz En El Cielo Eco-Bed And Breakfast/Hostel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wake up to the sounds of the jungle. Luz en el Cielo B&B/Hostel is located just out of Montezuma's town center. Montezuma is a small beach town with a huge heart and a lot of charm. This newly renovated, classy hostel is great for budget travels, families and couples. We currently have three dorm rooms in the main lodge, one dorm cabina with it's own balcony and bathroom, each equipped with new mattress, sheets and furnishings. We also have newly built private cabinas as of January 2012. Enjoy using our wireless internet, communal kitchen and lounge. Breakfast is included with every stay, as well as coffee all day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld so you can book your Luz en el Cielo Eco-B&B/Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.