I stayed for 3 nights, 2 in the dorm and 1 in the cabina.
The dorms were basic. Nothing fancy, but definitely not the worst I've stayed in. Any problems there are more related to the fact your sharing a room with 5 strangers and don't reflect the amenities. The bathrooms were clean and are actually really pretty. The upstairs bathroom isn't for the modest guest because there's an un-curtained window. If you're showering a gardener or other guest may catch a peak of you.
The cabina is beautiful. The shower is gorgeous and even has hot water. The view is beautiful. Definitely recommend a stay if you can swing it.
Every member of the staff was super friendly and helpful. Sure it wasn't a very hotel-like atmosphere where they sit behind a desk all day- they actually build friendships with the guests. Though my reservations went without hiccups I did witness a few fumbles. The staff seemed to really go out of their way to make things right.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wake up to the sounds of the jungle. Luz en el Cielo B&B/Hostel is located just out of Montezuma's town center. Montezuma is a small beach town with a huge heart and a lot of charm. This newly renovated, classy hostel is great for budget travels, families and couples. We currently have three dorm rooms in the main lodge, one dorm cabina with it's own balcony and bathroom, each equipped with new mattress, sheets and furnishings. We also have newly built private cabinas as of January 2012. Enjoy using our wireless internet, communal kitchen and lounge. Breakfast is included with every stay, as well as coffee all day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld so you can book your Luz en el Cielo Eco-B&B/Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Luz En El Cielo Eco-Bed And Breakfast/Hostel
- Luz En El Cielo Eco-b&b/ Hotel Montezuma