“A brilliant experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Luz en el Cielo Eco-B&B/Hostel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Montezuma
Luz en el Cielo Eco-B&B/Hostel
You added Luz en el Cielo Eco-B&B/Hostel to your Saves list
50 metros antes del centro de Montezuma, Montezuma, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #4 of 16 Montezuma B&B and Inns
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“A brilliant experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I'd turned up to Montezuma with no accommodation booked or research done. I turned up here to a pleasant looking hostel in a beautiful bush setting. Greeted by beaming smiles and energetic, helpful staff, it's a great way to great weary travellers. The rooms and bathrooms were very clean. The toilet up stairs surrounded by the bush setting was the best bathroom to sit and contemplate life in my 4 months of travel - odd but hey it's the little experiences that make travel unique. The hammock was ideal for mid morning naps and to watch the howler monkeys do their thing. The 'family dinners' were awesome, food great and really good value and a great way to meet like minded travellers. The girls running the place were super friendly and happy to be doing what they do which made a big difference in a place like Montezume where the saying Purda Vida comes into reality. They washed my clothes, had a beer with us and shared their secrets of Montezuma. Do the waterfall, skinny dip and sit around a fire on the beach...its about as good as it gets and this place certainly contributes to the experience.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Camberley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 nights and had an awesome time. I met so many great people, it was clean, friendly and had a great vibe. Everyone talks to everyone, there are lots of hammocks to chill in, places to hang wet clothes and the bathrooms are private with good showers. Highly recommend, especially going to the waterfalls.

• Stayed November 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Recently stayed at luz en el cielo and thought it was beautiful accommodation in a really special town. Abbey and her boys she's hired are all perfectly vibed and hard working. It's not too big so chats in the kitchen and around the table were nice and homey. Free breakfast in the morn was a treat with French toast one morning and eggs and rice and beans the other. Location's bang on nestled nicely in the hill and only a 2 minute walk to town. Thanks for a lovely stay!

• Stayed November 2012
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

My friend and I stayed at Luz en el Cielo for 5 days and had an amazing time! Abbie and the rest of the staff were so friendly and made us feel right at home. Every day was an adventure and the staff were more than willing to be our personal guides and show us the sights. They were extremely helpful with information about the area which made planning the rest of our trip easy and stress free. I would highly recommend this hostel to anyone looking for a comfortable and relaxing time in Montezuma. They also serve a tasty breakfast!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

This hostel rocks - I am in love with it. The staff are unreal and the place is surrounded by monkeys and the beauties of a jungle. I loved it so much I went back twice ! Great kitchen, breakfasts (included!!) and family dinners, and fantastic water pressure (with regards to other comments below)!! Hammocks to hang out in ensure that your day is set with a book and a beer, with tunes in the background. And, if you want some privacy, check out the private cabinas up top. Thanks to the Luz family for such an awesome time in Montezuma, I miss you! I highly recommend this hostel to anybody travelling through Montezuma.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Bellevue, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

As a college student traveling on a budget, it is always a huge relief to arrive at a hostel with clean sheets, running water, complimentary breakfast (delicious!) and a friendly staff. Luz en el Cielo had all of that, plus monkeys! It was like living in a treehouse - the hostel is immersed in the tropical jungle but is less than a minute walk down the path to the road and then maybe one or two minutes from there to the town and beach. The hammock on the second floor was a favorite spot, and while the howler monkeys woke me up both mornings I didn't mind at all - it felt so Costa Rican. The staff were all so friendly and fun, and we had awesome people staying in the hostel with us both nights. I wish we could have stayed longer! I felt like we got to know everyone there extremely well in the short time we were there so I can only imagine how much fun it would be to stay for a week or more. I definitely recommend this hostel and would come back anytime - it also seems like an incredibly fun place to work too! We love Luz en el Cielo!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

I spent two months in Costa Rica and I have to say, Luz En El Cielo was the most memorable part of my trip. The hostel is in the jungle, and is only a four minute walk from the beach. Everyday we lived among monkeys, iguanas, birds, and all kinds of other really amazing wildlife. The staff were all so friendly and helpful, and breakfast was miles above any other hostel. It really is a gem and i would recommend it to anyone looking to get lost in the beauty and relaxation that is Luz En El Cielo.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Been to Luz en el Cielo Eco-B&B/Hostel? Share your experiences!