I stayed here first with friends, afterwards alone. Although the expression alone does not really fit the place, because since I was travelling during off-season the hostel had less then 10 guests, which made it easy to get to know everyone. In the evening the whole hostel would do something (night-swimming in the ocean, going to one of the few bars etc.) together. This was really fun. The atmosphere is laid-back, but still the owner is strict with quiet-time during the night, therefore the screaming monkeys should be your only concern regarding noise.
I stayed in a six bed dorm room, with an additional "bathroom" outside. All very clean and nice-looking. The dormitory was a cabina, not part of the acutal hostel building, surrounded by nature (yes, monkeys that throw fruit at you too). Like other people mention, there was a drought and hence water was short, but that wouldn't have been different in another hostel in Montezuma. Concerns about safety seem legitimate at first, since there are no lockers. However, I never felt unsafe, since the hostel is guarded by a local guy during the night and by the owners during the day. The rather high price is justified by the great service, plus it includes a great breakfast with fruits, gallo pinto and scrambled eggs.
I would recommend Luz en el Cielo in any case and will - if I return to Montezuma one day - visit again!
- Also Known As:
- Luz En El Cielo Eco-b&b/ Hotel
- Luz En El Cielo Eco-Bed And Breakfast/Hostel
- Luz En El Cielo Eco-b&b/ Hotel Montezuma
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wake up to the sounds of the jungle. Luz en el Cielo B&B/Hostel is located just out of Montezuma's town center. Montezuma is a small beach town with a huge heart and a lot of charm. This newly renovated, classy hostel is great for budget travels, families and couples. We currently have three dorm rooms in the main lodge, one dorm cabina with it's own balcony and bathroom, each equipped with new mattress, sheets and furnishings. We also have newly built private cabinas as of January 2012. Enjoy using our wireless internet, communal kitchen and lounge. Breakfast is included with every stay, as well as coffee all day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld so you can book your Luz en el Cielo Eco-B&B/Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.