Sincerely, I have never been in a hostel before with such genuinely friendly and helpfull staff as at Luz en el Cielo.
For example, if you come in without making a reservation and the place happens to be full for the night, the staff will always try to arange another place for you to stay, which is just one of the many thumbs up for the friendly service.
This hostel has a very nice open and relaxed atmosphere, which makes it a great place to just hang out with other guests or staffmembers. Montezuma is a relaxed little town to spend your holiday, but at night I preferred just to stay at the communal platform at Luz' to cook, socialize or just relax in one of the hammocks . And yes, there are guests and staff members present who smoke weed, but if you have problems with that, why are you spending time in Montefuma in the first place?
This is a hostel so I don't expect any kind of luxury, but the only thing which was a lack in my opinion is the absence of lockers. I don't have any doubt on the safety of this place, but still it's kind of annoying that you have to go ask the staff everytime that you need your wallet or any other valuable from the safe. Installing individual lockers doesn't have to be a big investment though all guests would appreciate it I think.
Furthermore I can only tell that Luz en el Cielo is not just a hostel, it's an experience.
- Also Known As:
- Luz En El Cielo Eco-b&b/ Hotel
- Luz En El Cielo Eco-b&b/ Hotel Montezuma
- Luz En El Cielo Eco-Bed And Breakfast/Hostel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wake up to the sounds of the jungle. Luz en el Cielo B&B/Hostel is located just out of Montezuma's town center. Montezuma is a small beach town with a huge heart and a lot of charm. This newly renovated, classy hostel is great for budget travels, families and couples. We currently have three dorm rooms in the main lodge, one dorm cabina with it's own balcony and bathroom, each equipped with new mattress, sheets and furnishings. We also have newly built private cabinas as of January 2012. Enjoy using our wireless internet, communal kitchen and lounge. Breakfast is included with every stay, as well as coffee all day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld so you can book your Luz en el Cielo Eco-B&B/Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.