“Amazing view from the dining table” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ylang Ylang Restaurant

Ylang Ylang Restaurant
10-12 minute walk on the beach north of Montezuma | at the Ylang Ylang Beach Resort, Montezuma, Costa Rica
+(506)2642-0636
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 32 Restaurants in Montezuma
Cuisines: Seafood, Vegan, Vegetarian, International
Description: Ylang Ylang Restaurant is a joyful place... your meals are prepared especially for you with the freshest of ingredients and caring, friendly service. A calm atmosphere and delicious food awaits you...We are proud to serve mainly organic produce in all of our dishes.Our restaurant caters to seafood, vegan and raw food lovers. We also serve great chicken dishes, but do not serve red meat. Please see our online menus for more details.We are always willing to accommodate your needs, just ask at the time of booking.The restaurant is open to non-hotel guests as well.Great Happy Hour from 3-6pm everyday
Lakewood, Colorado
“Amazing view from the dining table”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

My husband and I happened upon this restaurant when walking by on the beach. We decided to sit down for an apetizer/tapas to see how delicious the food was. Well, it turned out to be amazing! The presentation and taste were unbeatable. However, the prices were quite high. We had been staying in Santa Theresa so the prices in Montezuma seemed quite high compared to what we were used to. The view from our table was amazing as we gazed upon the water with the waves rolling in. The resident iguana came to visit our table, not too close, but close enough for a photo. The property is amazing and would be quite fun to stay a night or two. If you find yourself walking by this beautiful place, stop in for a bite to eat and you won't regret it.

• Visited November 2012

• Czech first
Chicago, Illinois
“Unparalleled Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

This hotel, including the restaurant/bar, is beautiful, personal, romantic, and special. We didn't stay here but frequented the restaurant often, as our friends were staying and got married there. It was hands down the most beautiful wedding I have ever been fortunate enough to attend, and the staff I'm sure has a large hand in making this possible.

But, I digress. What I want to point out is, the first day we visited Ylang Ylang, the staff learned our names and never forgot them. They knew what we wanted to drink almost psychically, and made us feel like friends instead of guests. A special shout out to HAROLD - the biggest sweetheart I've ever met! Never in my life have I had such an experience, anywhere. I want to go back right now! Hope we will again someday -- sooner than later :)

Oh yeah - the food. Best sushi of my life. Homemade pastas seasoned to perfection. Everything fresh, organic, and locally grown as is the Costa Rican way it seems. They had a tropical drink menu fit for royalty, and a wide variety of wines as well. It felt like a crime to eat (especially sushi) anything at home for at least a week upon our return - and we live in Chicago, a city who loves its food to a fault.

Sigh. The only negative thing I could say is that it is a bit pricey. But it's worth it -- look up paradise in the dictionary -- you'll find Ylang Ylang's picture there.

• Visited February 2013
malonetravels2
“Beautiful setting and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

We had lunch here two years ago but we LOVED having dinner here. SO romantic, great food. Worth the splurge !

Visited January 2013
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“Had my birthday dinner here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

What an amazing place. Great staff and great food! I went to Ylang Yland Restaurant for my birthday dinner. The view was absolutely to-die-for. Something straight out of a travel brochure.

I got there just in time for Happy Hour - had a Bloody Mary and a Margarita. Both were well-made. Had the fish strips for dinner and Banana Flambe for dessert - again delicious. Will likely be back there again soon, while I am in Montezuma.

I had to walk on the beach for 10 minutes to get there, but it was all part of the experience and liked how tucked away it was.

• Visited February 2013
Winkler
“Perfection in every way!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

Came here before the supper rush. This place was reserved from 530, for the rest of the evening. We read the reviews on tripadvisor and thought we should try their food. Wow! Amazing food! Their shrimp was the most amazing we have ever had. The tables all have an amazing beach view. It is a little walk and we almost could not find it. Keep walking down the beach and you will find it. They also have a shuttle service from in town so you don't have to walk or drive there. Definitely should be on the top of everyones list that find good food important on their vacation. :)