“Had my birthday dinner here!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ylang Ylang Restaurant

Ylang Ylang Restaurant
10-12 minute walk on the beach north of Montezuma | at the Ylang Ylang Beach Resort, Montezuma, Costa Rica
+(506)2642-0636
Website
Update restaurant details
Ranked #1 of 32 restaurants in Montezuma
Cuisines: Seafood, Vegan, Vegetarian, International
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Ylang Ylang Restaurant is a joyful place... your meals are prepared especially for you with the freshest of ingredients and caring, friendly service. A calm atmosphere and delicious food awaits you...We are proud to serve mainly organic produce in all of our dishes.Our restaurant caters to seafood, vegan and raw food lovers. We also serve great chicken dishes, but do not serve red meat. Please see our online menus for more details.We are always willing to accommodate your needs, just ask at the time of booking.The restaurant is open to non-hotel guests as well.Great Happy Hour from 3-6pm everyday
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“Had my birthday dinner here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

What an amazing place. Great staff and great food! I went to Ylang Yland Restaurant for my birthday dinner. The view was absolutely to-die-for. Something straight out of a travel brochure.

I got there just in time for Happy Hour - had a Bloody Mary and a Margarita. Both were well-made. Had the fish strips for dinner and Banana Flambe for dessert - again delicious. Will likely be back there again soon, while I am in Montezuma.

I had to walk on the beach for 10 minutes to get there, but it was all part of the experience and liked how tucked away it was.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

91% Recommend
Winkler
“Perfection in every way!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

Came here before the supper rush. This place was reserved from 530, for the rest of the evening. We read the reviews on tripadvisor and thought we should try their food. Wow! Amazing food! Their shrimp was the most amazing we have ever had. The tables all have an amazing beach view. It is a little walk and we almost could not find it. Keep walking down the beach and you will find it. They also have a shuttle service from in town so you don't have to walk or drive there. Definitely should be on the top of everyones list that find good food important on their vacation. :)

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We ate their buffet dinner and it was nothing short of incredible. They had the best seared tuna steaks I have ever had. They also make a dish with palm hearts that I loved. Their smoothies are excellent.

Visited December 2012
Los Angeles, California
“Really delightful ambiance!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I just had the pleasure of having dinner here with my boyfriend's family last week and it was a top-notch experience. I tried the gazpacho, the shrimp bruschetta and had the shrimp skewers as my entree. The shrimp were enormous, pink and succulent. The service was really good and the employees were welcoming. The ambiance is super romantic, so if you're honeymooner, this restaurant is a 'do not miss.'
Note: because the terrain is so rough, getting to the restaurant, the hotel sends a Land Rover to town to shuttle you there. Be sure to allow for extra time waiting for the driver.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles
“Great selections”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We ate here during our stay at Ylang Ylang. Great choices, very fresh and vegetarian friendly. The service was wonderful as well.

Visited November 2012