“Really delightful ambiance!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ylang Ylang Restaurant

Ylang Ylang Restaurant
10-12 minute walk on the beach north of Montezuma | at the Ylang Ylang Beach Resort, Montezuma, Costa Rica
+(506)2642-0636
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 32 restaurants in Montezuma
Cuisines: Seafood, Vegan, Vegetarian, International
Description: Ylang Ylang Restaurant is a joyful place... your meals are prepared especially for you with the freshest of ingredients and caring, friendly service. A calm atmosphere and delicious food awaits you...We are proud to serve mainly organic produce in all of our dishes.Our restaurant caters to seafood, vegan and raw food lovers. We also serve great chicken dishes, but do not serve red meat. Please see our online menus for more details.We are always willing to accommodate your needs, just ask at the time of booking.The restaurant is open to non-hotel guests as well.Great Happy Hour from 3-6pm everyday
Los Angeles, California
“Really delightful ambiance!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I just had the pleasure of having dinner here with my boyfriend's family last week and it was a top-notch experience. I tried the gazpacho, the shrimp bruschetta and had the shrimp skewers as my entree. The shrimp were enormous, pink and succulent. The service was really good and the employees were welcoming. The ambiance is super romantic, so if you're honeymooner, this restaurant is a 'do not miss.'
Note: because the terrain is so rough, getting to the restaurant, the hotel sends a Land Rover to town to shuttle you there. Be sure to allow for extra time waiting for the driver.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

92% Recommend
  • Czech first
Los Angeles
“Great selections”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We ate here during our stay at Ylang Ylang. Great choices, very fresh and vegetarian friendly. The service was wonderful as well.

Visited November 2012
Edison, New Jersey
“Great food & amazing atmosphere!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

The staff at the restaurant make you feel very special. The food is of the highest quality and freshness. Drinks are spectacular, especially the Bushwacker!!! Try it:)

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Leavenworth
“Fun place to come for happy hour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I didn't stay here, but would have loved to! Beautiful property and slightly remote if you like that sort of thing. We came for happy hour and enjoyed superb service, amazing appetizers and top notch cocktails by the sea. The Ylang Ylang flowers were releasing their scent and it smelled absolutely divine. Couldn't have been more fun.

Decatur, Georgia
“Great beach-front restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We ate at this restaurant recently while on vacation. I thought that the reviewer who said this was the best restaurant in Costa Rica was exaggerating, but they may be right. Our dinner was excellent. The food was wonderful and the setting beautiful. The drinks were very good and the service was fantastic.

My husband had the sea bass, and I would highly recommend it. It was delicious. I had the mussels appetizer as my meal and it was wonderful. A friend had the shrimp fettuccine. It was very good, but a little on the salty side. If I had it again, I wouldn't hesitate to order it, but I'd ask for less salt.

Ylang Ylang is a little bit of a walk down the beach from Montezuma, so if you're walking back in the evening, make sure to take a flashlight. We had to use our phones to light the way back, but overall it was a wonderful meal for our last evening in Costa Rica.

• Visited November 2012