“Great selections” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ylang Ylang Restaurant

Ylang Ylang Restaurant
10-12 minute walk on the beach north of Montezuma | at the Ylang Ylang Beach Resort, Montezuma, Costa Rica
+(506)2642-0636
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 33 Restaurants in Montezuma
Cuisines: Seafood, Vegan, Vegetarian, International
Description: Ylang Ylang Restaurant is a joyful place... your meals are prepared especially for you with the freshest of ingredients and caring, friendly service. A calm atmosphere and delicious food awaits you...We are proud to serve mainly organic produce in all of our dishes.Our restaurant caters to seafood, vegan and raw food lovers. We also serve great chicken dishes, but do not serve red meat. Please see our online menus for more details.We are always willing to accommodate your needs, just ask at the time of booking.The restaurant is open to non-hotel guests as well.Great Happy Hour from 3-6pm everyday
Los Angeles
“Great selections”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We ate here during our stay at Ylang Ylang. Great choices, very fresh and vegetarian friendly. The service was wonderful as well.

Visited November 2012

• Czech first
Edison, New Jersey
“Great food & amazing atmosphere!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

The staff at the restaurant make you feel very special. The food is of the highest quality and freshness. Drinks are spectacular, especially the Bushwacker!!! Try it:)

• Visited November 2012
Leavenworth
“Fun place to come for happy hour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I didn't stay here, but would have loved to! Beautiful property and slightly remote if you like that sort of thing. We came for happy hour and enjoyed superb service, amazing appetizers and top notch cocktails by the sea. The Ylang Ylang flowers were releasing their scent and it smelled absolutely divine. Couldn't have been more fun.

Decatur, Georgia
“Great beach-front restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We ate at this restaurant recently while on vacation. I thought that the reviewer who said this was the best restaurant in Costa Rica was exaggerating, but they may be right. Our dinner was excellent. The food was wonderful and the setting beautiful. The drinks were very good and the service was fantastic.

My husband had the sea bass, and I would highly recommend it. It was delicious. I had the mussels appetizer as my meal and it was wonderful. A friend had the shrimp fettuccine. It was very good, but a little on the salty side. If I had it again, I wouldn't hesitate to order it, but I'd ask for less salt.

Ylang Ylang is a little bit of a walk down the beach from Montezuma, so if you're walking back in the evening, make sure to take a flashlight. We had to use our phones to light the way back, but overall it was a wonderful meal for our last evening in Costa Rica.

• Visited November 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
“Best food in Costa Rica”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Of the many restaurants at which my wife and I dined in Costa Rica, this was the best. Even superior to those that were more expensive. The only thing that rivals this food's taste is its presentation. The staff are friendly and helpful. We stayed at the hotel 3 nights, and thus had 6 meals here. The only negative was the open-air design made your syrup vulnerable to fly attacks. We learned quickly to order breakfasts without syrup, and were no longer bothered by flies.

We're not vegan (or even close), but I did notice there were many choices for those that are (unlike the typical 1 or 2 choices you might see at an average restaurant).

The views are also marvelous. My favorite dishes were the Caribbean rice with chicken and the bananas flambe.

• Visited July 2012