“Don't miss this!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 8 attractions in Montezuma
Type: Horseback Riding Stables
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: El Pinto Expeditions offers daily specialized private horseback rides in Cabuya(near Montezuma). Beach, Jungle and Overnight Moon rides. The horses are family to us, so we love and take good care of them. They are well suited to trail riding, and we care very much about matching people with the right horse. Our speciality is beginner to intermediate level. Marvin gives instructions on techniques for safety & comfort for both the rider & the horse.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Colchester, Connecticut
“Don't miss this!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We had read the reviews prior to our trip and this ride exceeded our expectations. Marvin is wonderful local guide who truly loves his horses and also cares about your experience as a rider. We appreciated learning about the area from someone who grew up in those mountains and also spoke perfect English! This was my daughter's ( 10 yrs old) first trekking experience and Marvin made sure she was comfortable in what she needed to do. HIs horses are amazing I am sure largely because they are so well cared for, unlike many tourist horseback riding operators that place money over the horses well being. I will never forget the beauty of seeing my daughter on the back of her horse, surrounded by butterflies/ wild flowers, as we crested the mountain overlooking the Pacific! Wow- really special ...........

Visited August 2013

Los Angeles, California, United States
4 attraction reviews
“Personal and perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I scheduled horseback riding last minute round 7PM the night before. Marvin was happy to take me and told me to meet him at the bakery at 9. He was there waiting for me and ready to go. He gave me Cookie who is his daughters horse. Such a gentle soul. It was just me and marvin and that was great! We chatted about town and life and laughed the whole way. We went up into the mountain. It was at times a more challenging ride than I had done before. (this was only my third ride) but Cookie and Marvin were both very experienced and patient and made it extremely easy for me. When we took our second break the horses drank in the stream while Marvin told me about himself and cut us up a delicious pineapple as a snack. He also brought me water which I was very thankful for. On the way back he took me past his farm to see his other horses. He only has 4 (?) and likes to keep things small. He loves his horses like his family and you can definitely tell they are extremely well taken care of. We rode for 3 1/2 hours and I gave him more money then he charges because he was just so great. Worth every single penny and then some.

Marvin is a kind, gentle and sweet man. He took good care of me and was great company. Town is definitely a better place because he's there.

Montreal, Canada
“Good job Marvin!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

Tour was awesome! Marvin is very knowledgeable with his carefully selected horses. He also takes big pride in staying a small business, sticking to private tours (max 3 people) and only 1 tour per day maximum. This is good for his horses as they are not overworked.

Marvin brought us in the mountains and this provided nice scenic views of the surrounding wildness. We also stopped half way through to let the horses rest a bit and shared a pineapple (seems like horses like them too!)

We booked our tour with Marvin in a small agency down Montezuma beach. We tried contacting him directly but could not find the info online before actually getting to Montezuma. I think this is the best way to proceed to book the tour.

San Francisco, California
“A Sweet Time Horseback Riding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Marvin operates a fantastic horseback tour. He is quite intuitive and completely knowledgable about his horses. Since we were horse riding novices, he gave clear, concise instructions on how to steer and stop, and we were off on our adventure! Marvin's horses are very sweet with playful personalities. Marvin is very flexible and he will do what he can to meet your expectations. Thank you for a superb experience!

Fredericton
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

While on our honeymoon in Costa Rica we spent a morning with Marvin and his beautiful horses and it was one of the best things we did during our whole trip. The ride itself was relaxing and beautiful complete with some adorable local dogs coming along for a run and a super refreshing dip in the river. Marvin clearly loves his horses (which was VERY important to me) I got to ride his daughter's horse Cookie. The conversation was great and we felt like old friends. Towards the end we stopped into a little saloon where Marvin treated us to a cold beer and once returning to his place we stayed and chatted for a bit. It really was a pleasant experience and since we don't know if we'll be back to enjoy it again ourselves we hope our review will help persuade others to take advantage of a kind, gentle soul and his sweet horses. Thanks again Marvin!

Visited February 2013