“Outstanding trip for our group of inexperienced riders” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 8 attractions in Montezuma
Type: Horseback Riding Stables
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: El Pinto Expeditions offers daily specialized private horseback rides in Cabuya(near Montezuma). Beach, Jungle and Overnight Moon rides. The horses are family to us, so we love and take good care of them. They are well suited to trail riding, and we care very much about matching people with the right horse. Our speciality is beginner to intermediate level. Marvin gives instructions on techniques for safety & comfort for both the rider & the horse.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Alabama
5 attraction reviews
“Outstanding trip for our group of inexperienced riders”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Marvin took my wife, daughter and family friend for a 3 hour ride along the beach. The horses were obviously well cared for, well mannered and perfect for our group of inexperienced riders. Marvin was an excellent guide who speaks english and kept the girls entertained throughout entire trip. Thanks again, Marvin!

Long Beach, California
“BEST way to see the jungle!! truly a one of a kind experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Forget about renting the ATVs! the BEST and most beautiful way to see all that nature has to offer is on HORSEBACK! i just loved the tour that my family and I took last week through the mountains of the Cabo Blanco Nature Reserve. Our guide Marvin was sooo knowledgeable and even had my brother, who started the day as a total beginner (and a little scared of horses) riding like a pro with a HUGE grin on his face! it was truly a magical experience! We rode through jungle and saw some of the most spectacular views! I loved it and would recommend this attraction to anyone! a great family activity too!!

Eugene
“Unique jungle ride”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

My girlfriend and I recently booked a ride with El Pinto to go into a private reserve next to Cabo Blanco National Park. We decided not to go on the beach because it was too hot. This ride was absolutely beautiful. We left from Cabuya, about 3 miles south of Montezuma. After we passed through the gate into the reserve, which only El Pinto has exclusive access, there were no more barking dogs or cars, just pristine jungle and tranquility. It was so magical. When we reached the top the view was breath taking. We got off the horses and Marvin, our guide, informed us that the forest there was a virgin forest, untouched by humans. The horses were so calm and beautiful and well cared for. Perfect for the beginner rider. My horses name was Romeo and he cetainly was a real romeo. If you are looking for a ride off the beaten path and different this is the ride for you. A must see experience.

Hornum, Germany
“The horsewhisperer del cabo blanco”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

Surfed out,sphagetti arms, flat or aint no grommit? Go up to the pure nature horseback experience with marvin!!!!

After taking the quad from santa theresa up the windy washed out road up to cabuyo's delicious bakery we met marvin and his horses just around the corner.
After matching us with our horses depending on hight,weight and previous ridingexperiences we emerged into the jungle.
Marvin has lived for more than a decade in canada which has you marvel at this perfect english which facilitates the flow of teaching and sharing for the non hispanohablantes.
Birds,flowers,wild oranges seemmed our trails also looking out for medicinal herbs.
After quenching the horses thirst and treating us to the sweetest pineapple ever we continued.....and just wanted to continue....

Facts:small groups, very well cared for and with love and good horsemanship trained horses,best guide of the region (forget the cheap montezuma or santa theresa rip-off-horsetours who beat their horses and don't feed enough), about 60 dollars per person for 3hour tour.
Take the jungle tour! (Its safest to explore the jungle on horseback and guided, not barefoot and alone.... But the beach you can explore on your own.)

Un abrazo grandote para ti marvin desde berlin! Tina y chris

San Jose, Costa Rica
“Incredible Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

To start off, I had a bad experince with horses when I was about 9 or 10 years old. As a result, I developed a fear of them and have held on to that intimidation for about 12 years, never riding another horse until I rode with Marvin. Marvin assured me his horses were geared for beginners and gave me plenty of proper guidance and instruction so that I instantly felt the most comfortable I've ever been around horses. His confidence in me, and understanding helped me to get over my fear and get back on the saddle. I went on the jungle ride and let me tell you, it has the best views I've seen in Costa Rica! Especially the view of the virgin forest was extremely captivating and beautiful for me. The horses are unbelievably gentle and sweet. They are the best horses I have been around PERIOD and it is so obvious how loved they are by Marvin, they are all handsome and in excellent shape. If you are a beginner and/or have a past bad experience you will benefit greatly from riding with Marvin. This is an incredibly beautiful and authentic costa rican experience to partake on. Marvin has vast knowledge of the area and in my case, I am forever grateful to have seen the beauty of Cabuya from a local's perspective, to let go of my fear of horses (now I absolutely love them and riding), and to have a newfound confidence with these beautiful majestic animals. I would make it an absolute necessity to ride with Marvin and his horses if you come and vacation in the Montezuma/Cabuya area!