“Marvin and his horses are excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 8 attractions in Montezuma
Type: Horseback Riding Stables
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: El Pinto Expeditions offers daily specialized private horseback rides in Cabuya(near Montezuma). Beach, Jungle and Overnight Moon rides. The horses are family to us, so we love and take good care of them. They are well suited to trail riding, and we care very much about matching people with the right horse. Our speciality is beginner to intermediate level. Marvin gives instructions on techniques for safety & comfort for both the rider & the horse.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Shoreacres, Texas
7 attraction reviews
“Marvin and his horses are excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

The first time I saw Marvin ride into town on his horse with his slouch hat, long hair, long boots and machete, I wondered If I was in the right century. He is an experienced horseman and tour guide having worked in other parts of Costa Rica and British Columbia as well. He hooked each of us up with a horse best suited to our skills before we set out. Since we went in rainy season, we traveled over beach sand, mud, rocks, up hills and down hills. He coached us on how to handle the horses through each of these challenges. He also shared stories about the local wildlife. I had heard that the El Pinto tours were the best, I can now understand why Marvin and his horses have such excellent ratings. Marvin shared with me that many tourists are concerned about whether or the snakes were poisonous. He said "They should be more concerned about the bugs than the snakes" and proceeded showing me the damage done to his horses by a stink bug that emits a caustic substance burning small areas on the horse.

Visited August 2012

Brooklyn, New York
5 attraction reviews
“WEAR PROPER CLOTHING”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

It was super fun and the horses and guide were great. We were ill-prepared with our clothing though. Wear sunscreen, pants and real shoes!

Montezuma, Costa Rica
“Horseback riding in the surf”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

This horseback ride was amazing! Marvin, the tour guide and horse owner, does an amazing job accommodating your skill at riding and showing you the landscape. He knows his horses like children and has a good way of matching horse and rider. The scenery is breathtaking, and the rugged hike on foot is much more enjoyable on horseback. Marvin even brought water for everyone and a fresh, ripe pineapple in his saddlebag. The he even carries an actual machete which serves as both brush pruner and pineapple slicer. Best of all, Marvin accommodated my intermediate riding level by allowing me to canter freely down long stretches of beach. My mount, Nisa, was happy to work with me and run.

Visited August 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
“Most fun day in Costa Rica”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

We had so much fun learning (clumsily) to ride horses with Marvin. He was patient, funny, and he takes good care of his horses. Thank you, Marvin, for a great day that we will never forget!

Asheville, North Carolina
3 attraction reviews
“Fun and informative”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

Marvin was terrific. Great, informative, beautiful day! Beautiful ride on beach and jungle to waterfalls. Nice break with water and best pineapple I've ever eaten. Highly recommend this expedition!