“Worth a look” 5 of 5 stars

Attraction Details
Playa Potrero, Costa Rica
“Worth a look”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Carlos was our affable guide. I don't think we could have made it safely to the top without him.. He lives in Cabuya, but his grandfather runs the parking lot at the base of the trail, so if you ask him, he will get Carlos there to guide you. We hiked all the way to the top and did some swimming. I would do it again in a hearbeat. I can't imagine anyone making the trip to Montezuma without doing the falls.

Visited May 2013

Melbourne, Australia
“Just ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

as it is only a short walk from town it's a worthwhile side trip but don't expect too much. The place was packed with locals when we were there. The water was cool and refreshing but it was just another waterfall.

Visited April 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
“Recommended with a guide”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I hiked the trail with my daughter who was almost four at the time. We could not have found the way without the help of a friendly guide named Carlos, who helped us across the rough spots, even carrying my daughter on his back much of the way. She loved it!

Visited June 2012
Madison, Wisconsin
“Relax or take it to the next level”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Hiking up to the Montezuma falls is a must for anyone visiting the Nicoya Peninsula. I believe it was my favorite part of my trip. You get to hike up a creek to a small pond at the base of a waterfall that is great for swimming, laying out, or jumping off rocks [with caution]. The water is great, and the falls are beautiful. If you want to take it to the next level, hike up to the top of the second waterfall to find another beautiful oasis with a rope swing and ability to dive off the waterfall [so much fun!]. You won't regret making the hike.

Visited March 2013
Portland, Oregon, United States
“zipline your way”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

we did the zipline tour. I'd recommend that. Much better than hiking the whole way. Jumping in the pool of the waterfall is so fun. very warm.

Visited April 2013