“A must do for the photography enthusiast!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Costa Rica Color

Costa Rica Color
1.3 km NE of Montezuma, 300meters east on Calle Pura Vida, Montezuma, Costa Rica
(506) 83-34-99-76
Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 8 attractions in Montezuma
Type: Nature/ Wildlife Areas
Attraction Details
Earth, Texas
3 attraction reviews
“A must do for the photography enthusiast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2010

John is a top knotch guy who exudes passion in what he does. He is an amazing photographer and teacher and even my husband who was just tagging along really enjoyed the day! John is very flexible, which makes for a great day and his wife (who I had the pleasure of meeting and is just as special) is a fantastic cook, which makes for a delicious lunch! :)

The nature reserve we visited had it all: Great hiking trails, Interesting landscapes, Great beach, and TONS of intersting compositions. I loved it! I was breaking in my Canon 5D Mark II and John was a great help *even though he's a Nikon user - Ekk! ;)*

He was very accommodating for the second half of the day when we'd had enough of nature and wanted to see some different landscapes. He took us to "Secret Beach" (shhhhhh!) where I captured some AMAZING sunset photos. It was truly a special place.

All in all, I would highly recommend this trip to anyone interested in photography and seeing areas around Montezuma and Mal Pais. John was very professional (and fun!) and always offering his input in such a way it was instructive, but not too critical.

Awesome, awesome, awesome.... :)

Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Tour! Great teacher!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2010

Jon was a great guide; above and beyond my expectations. He was very accommodating and made sure we had everything we needed (including a brief stop at a pharmacy during our tour). He spoke with us at length when we made our appointment; checking what we wanted from our photography tour & lessons; he helped us get the most out of our experience. The photos we took are among my favorites from our trip to Costa Rica and the lessons he taught us stayed with me and continue to help as my skills progress.

Linz
“Best Tour Ever!!! Highly Recommend!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2010

While in Costa Rica for our honeymoon, this was by far the best thing we decided to do! If you want to take great pics and be able to get home and show your friends and say you took them, then this is perfect for you!! None of my friends believe me when they see my pics. John really knows how to teach and makes it possible for you to learn all about photography in an easy and laid back atmosphere. He brought us to a white sand beach that was so beautiful and we would have never known about it if it wasn't for him. Thanks John!!

UK
“Best photography tour!!! Amazing!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2010

If you want to be in nature and have a professional photographer right by your side, than I highly recommend trying out Costa Rica Color tours. John is very professional and gives get instructions on capturing that perfect shot. He teaches you everything you need to know about your camera and how to take amazing photos!!!. When you're in Costa Rica, you must try out his tours!!! It was the best thing I decided to do. Well worth the money since you walk away with skills you'll use over and over again.

Los Angeles
“Great way to see Costa Rica! And learn from a great photographer!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2010

It was an amazing opportunity to not only see the country with a "local" but to challenge myself. I learned great photography techniques that I was able to use to capture my experience that day as well as for the rest of my trip in Costa Rica. John encouraged me to take photos of what my interests were but he taught me techniques that really brought my photos to the next level. And John made sure that we were comfortable and answered all of our questions. And he had drinks and a great lunch for all of us. Many thanks to John and we hope to see him again!!