“Great way to see Costa Rica! And learn from a great photographer!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Costa Rica Color

Costa Rica Color
1.3 km NE of Montezuma, 300meters east on Calle Pura Vida, Montezuma, Costa Rica
(506) 83-34-99-76
Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 8 Attractions in Montezuma
Type: Nature/ Wildlife Areas
Attraction Details
Los Angeles
“Great way to see Costa Rica! And learn from a great photographer!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2010

It was an amazing opportunity to not only see the country with a "local" but to challenge myself. I learned great photography techniques that I was able to use to capture my experience that day as well as for the rest of my trip in Costa Rica. John encouraged me to take photos of what my interests were but he taught me techniques that really brought my photos to the next level. And John made sure that we were comfortable and answered all of our questions. And he had drinks and a great lunch for all of us. Many thanks to John and we hope to see him again!!

Chicago
“John knows Costa Rica”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2010

If you are at all interested in photography this tour is well worth it. It is not by any means a cookie-cutter tour - it is tailored for exactly what your looking for / what level your at. I learned more in one day with John than I had learned in two photography courses in college. There is nothing like being in the field and getting the shots you want, and learning how to execute.

Oregon
“I loved the tour!! The beach is gorgeous! Perfect for anyone with a camera.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2010

John picked me up at my hotel, reminded me to bring my camera and charged batteries, memory cards, and a beach towel. I was surprise to have the photography lesson begin in the car. It was perfect. When we reached our destination, he went over everything he already explained but now it was hands on. Everything made so much sense. Along the hike he guided me through the steps for taking my own pictures no matter what I wanted to shoot. I highly recommend this to other people who want to understand their camera and take great pictures. It is well worth the money and time.

nikkialicia
“John's photography class was helpful, hands-on and well worth the money.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2010

John's class was eactly what we were looking for. We had a fancy Canon camera and we wanted to learn how to do more with it. He showed us tips and tricks, we asked a million questions and was was very patient. He definitely knew what he was doing and I like his natural approach to photography. The best part was going to parts of the island that we normally wouldn't have gone to. i would definitely recommend this class and I want to go back and take another one.

Ellicott City, MD
“Great Experience! Especially for amateurs who want to learn good photography techniques.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2010

My wife and I went took John's photography tour on our honeymoon with our first DSLR camera we purchased three weeks before our trip. We were extremely pleased with the level of service and professionalism during the tour. John picked us up at our resort and drove us to Curu Wildlife refugee. He packed a cooler with a variety of drinks and served us lunch at a private beach. He began the tour by giving us an overview of our cameras features and different techniques for photographing animals. We took many hikes through the refuge taking different pictures of animals and scenery, all the while John was giving advice on camera settings and working the subject to get the exact shot you wanted. It was an amazing trip and our pictures improved dramatically throughout the day. John finished the day with a macrophotography workshop, which gave me a new and fun photography experience. I have included some of my favorite photos taken during the tour. (Remember I only owned the camera for 3 weeks prior to our honeymoon) My wife and I both strongly recommend taking this tour for anyone who enjoys photography, wants to learn some great techniques, and to get pictures of the Costa Rican wildlife that you can not find in most places.