“The craft of sushi making” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Puggo's

Puggo's
Main Rd, In Front the Hotel Down Town Montezuma, Costa Rica, Montezuma, Costa Rica
+506 2642 0325
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 32 Restaurants in Montezuma
Cuisines: Israeli, International
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Dining on a budget
Description: Puggo's Restuarant is located just off the beach in the small town of Montezuma. The owner is a world traveler who has found her home in Costa Rica. Her menu and its flavours are a direct reflection of her life experiences. From the fresh local fish to the slow cooked osobuco and moussaka, you can taste the love she has for her food. She uses a range of ingredients, from local organic chocolate to spices she brings directly from her home country of Israel. Puggo's also has a fresh sushi bar which specializes in a range of asian inspired dishes using locally caught fish and prepared right in front of your eyes. The atomsphere is friendly and relaxed and the multilingual staff is happy to recommend not only their favourite dishes but beaches as well! .
“The craft of sushi making”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2014 NEW

After having been longing for sushi for over a month, this definately was the place to go to. We ordered 'tuna lovers' and 'sushi mix'. The chef made in right in front of us. Super fresh. They catched the tuna a few hours before.

Venice, Italy
“The best kitchen in Montezuma”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2014

Little lovely restaurant close to downtown Montezuma (100m on the way) with great location, music, atmosphere and service. Here I had one of my best dinners ever, it was tasty and sophisticated at the same time, with a lot of passion and a lot of good taste in mixing ingredients and flavours. I would suggest any single dish as what I could eat was so good I will never forget about it! For sure one of my best food experiences, and I recommend everybody a stop in Montezuma to try Puggo's kitchen and its great vibration!

Visited November 2014
“A jurney to a wonderfull food world”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2014

Its not often to go to eat something somewher and remember every bite, every smell, and every sight in just three hours. The place looke otentice and worm, but you don't understand why until you get a worm welcomming from the maneger. A women cald maya how pots her haurt in the food to give you a tast of heaven. We were few friends, and with the segesting of shiran, her husbend, we share all kinds of meals. First we had humus that took us back home to holly jerusalem, we flue to tripoly with the amasing musaka with goddest spicies, fresh sea food and sussi the seemes to came now from soute asia, and if that is not enaugh, the kabbab and gote cheese closed it in a egiptian tent. Its a combination of good people, beautifull place wood made by golden hand, and a dreamming tast. Tanku maya for a lovely visit, see you again, pls stay in touch!!!:)))

Calgary, Canada
“Must try”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2014

Last May, My girlfriend and myself stayed 4 nights in Montezuma. Three of the four nights we dined at Puggo's. The first night we got there early and had a choice of any table. Both of us were in the mood for beef so we each ordered steak. I can't remember exactly what we ordered but take it from an Alberta born beef lover, the steak was really good. On our second visit we arrived a bit later in the evening. Being fashionably late, we discovered the restaurant was packed and the only table available was the one closest to the washrooms. During my previous visit I had a sushi appetizer and it was delicious so I was determined to have more sushi regardless of the seating arrangements. At the end of the night, the table location was little bother considering we are in an outdoor environment and the sushi was spectacular. Our final visit, I had the Moroccan Fish Stew. It was awesome. Without a doubt, it was the best dish I had in Costa Rica.

As for the other place we ate at. We dined at El Sano Banano on their pizza night. It too was really good. The next time I am in Montezuma (May 2015) I will definitely go there again for more pizza.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Parrita, Costa Rica
“Excellent Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

We ate here for dinner last night and the food was delicious. I ordered a sandwich and my husband had fish, and both were great. The service was fast, and the waiter was very friendly. The bread and dip they serve prior to your meal is so delicious! We will definitely be back to try their sushi before we leave!

• Visited August 2014