“Best food in Montezuma” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Puggo's

Puggo's
Main Rd, In Front the Hotel Down Town Montezuma, Costa Rica, Montezuma, Costa Rica
+506 2642 0325
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 34 Restaurants in Montezuma
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Israeli, International
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Dining on a budget
Description: Puggo's Restuarant is located just off the beach in the small town of Montezuma. The owner is a world traveler who has found her home in Costa Rica. Her menu and its flavours are a direct reflection of her life experiences. From the fresh local fish to the slow cooked osobuco and moussaka, you can taste the love she has for her food. She uses a range of ingredients, from local organic chocolate to spices she brings directly from her home country of Israel. Puggo's also has a fresh sushi bar which specializes in a range of asian inspired dishes using locally caught fish and prepared right in front of your eyes. The atomsphere is friendly and relaxed and the multilingual staff is happy to recommend not only their favourite dishes but beaches as well! .
Mississauga, ON
“Best food in Montezuma”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

I travel quite often to Montezuma and I have eaten at Puggo's several times and I have never been disappointed. The quality and freshness of the food is excellent and prices are very reasonable for the some of the best food in the world, all served up by a really great staff, with good music and ambiance. I've tried and recommend the Crispy Tuna, Mahi Mahi Carpaccio, Vegetarian Moussaka, some of the best sushi I think I've ever had and one of my favorites is the Arabic salad and Falafel and Hummus plate, excellent for 2 people to share. Of course all enjoyed while sipping on their famous lemon mint smoothie. I know where I`ll be eating next time I`m in Montezuma. So good.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

San Diego, California
“Birthday Trip of great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

Our friends had a great night at Puggo's so we all returned for a wonderful dinner again! The moussaka was to die for & the shared salad at the beginning of the meal had us anxious for entrees to come. The offerings of fresh sushi by the sister restaurant were also wonderful. We made a great lunch out of a sushi "boat" full of fresh everything! This will be on our list when we return!

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Gourmet food in a hippy tiki type place.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

I was not expecting this quality of food when I walked in. We started with beef capriccio. It was basic ingredients but they blended well together. Main entree was Moussaka-Outstanding. GF got fish n chips which was very basic . Total+tip- $45. They also offered sushi. Atmosphere-hippie french. Played reggae versions of pink Floyd music and some EMD. Of all the places we ate at this place had the best feel. It stood out as a restaurant that wasn't touristy, not typical and has a real chef.

• Visited February 2014
Encinitas, California
“Oh so wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

Osso buco!!!!!!!! Mia and staff are awesome. Great food all around. Friendly staff and great atmosphere. Thank you for everything :)

Visited January 2014
Perth, Australia
“Excellent and healthy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

Out of the few restaurants we tried in montezuma, I wanted to review this one as it was my favourite. We ate here about 3 times in 5 days. They have many healthy options along with a sushi bar that is open at some dinners and lunch. The crispy tuna and oriental salad was a standout! Lovely service and nice to sit and people watch the street.

• Visited January 2014