“If there was a rating above excellent i'd choose that!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Anamaya Resort & Retreat Center

We can't find prices for this hotel
Anamaya Resort & Retreat Center
You added Anamaya Resort & Retreat Center to your Saves list
300 mts NE of Mariposario, Montezuma 00001, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Montezuma
Beirut, Lebanon
“If there was a rating above excellent i'd choose that!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

The reviews speak for themselves but the Yoga Retreat experience at Anamaya is hard to describe with words and pictures. You just have to experience it for yourself to understand what it means.

Rooms: I stayed in PRANA, amazing room, cozy with a gorgeous ocean view, a rocking chair and a hammock on my balcony. Would be hard to leave the room if the main house wasn't as beautiful. Room was very close to the main house.

Place: Amazing! that's all i can say, the location is remote in a small village where everyone becomes famous after visiting town just twice. The retreat is located on top of a hill overviewing the ocean where the yoga classes took place every morning and evening.

People: The staff are Amazing, from the cooks to the help to the therapists. i know i'm saying amazing a lot but i can't find a synonym to substitute the word. they are friendly, attentive and aim at attending to your needs before you actually request for anything. One of the owners came and spent few days with us, she ate with us took Yoga classes with us and experienced our experiences in a very down to earth way, which was a very nice touch. The Yoga instructor was also a very nice and good.

There are plenty of activities to engage with, you feel like you want to do everything and a week is too short. the connections you make there are unbelievable. For example they have the same amount of chairs at the dinner tables as the amount of people attending the retreat, this means you don't feel lonely, alone, left out or shy from the second you walk in. it feels like you walked into a place where you make immediate friends. Some people did two weeks and said that it's totally depending on your luck with the group you end up with but to my luck it seems our group gelled well. If you do need to be alone and spend some time reflecting, writing or reading also it's the best place to be.

The food was out of this world, they said they were making a cook book and they should. The taste, variety and presentation was 5 stars if not more. and the deserts... oh my!

Overall, like i said, it's hard to put it in words, we were all in tears on the last day, it's a very emotional experience. I made friends whom i travelled with to other countries after i left the retreat and we now visit each other in our relevant countries. We all left refreshed, highly energetic and ready to conquer the world :) Pura Vida at its finest!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Reston, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

I went to an Anamaya Yoga retreat in November of 2013, by myself. It's not so easy to describe how wonderful and transformative this place is. There were 30 of us from all across the world. Not many places you can stay and enter as 30 strangers and leave a week later as family. The property, location, staff, food, yoga experience, accomodations, programs and options, are all one can ever ask for. Anamaya was obviously created for the soul, spirit and real connections seekers looking for a deep, meaningful and truly transformative experiences.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

I just returned from paradise..Anamaya! I can't even begin to express the joy it was to teach such amazing people from all over the world. I will cherish this memory forever in my heart and thank you to the amazing staff at Anamaya for making my stay so incredible.
As soon as you walk into the main house, you feel the connection with nature and you feel pure bliss. The views are absolutely incredible, that the pictures do not do it any justice! This was my second time here and it def won't be my last. Hope to be back very soon!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

What a delightful, charming place. The view, with an infinity pool perched on a cliff overlooking the ocean, will take your breath away. For this mostly-vegetarian, the meals were a treat - fresh, delicious, beautiful to look at, plentiful. Staff was friendly and accomodating. I thoroughly enjoyed the twice-daily yoga classes with guest teacher April, with howler monkeys and iguanas observing us nearby. I made it my mission to try out every one of the dozen or so hammocks scattered throughout the resort, each offering a unique view of the forest and ocean. I was there to celebrate my birthday, and the staff made it special with a silky avocado brithday cake. I would come back in a heartbeat.

Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

Anamaya is one of those places which would bless you with memories you'll cary with you throughout your life. You'll meet great people, make friends for life and have adventures. Its up to you what you do. Anamaya is just there to help you help yourself. It is a kind of place that can help you find what you are looking for, if you let it.
So, chose your destination and go, if you accept everyone you meet as a teacher then the truth will not be withheld from you.

Namaste,
Best of luck to you on your journey...
Denis

Murrieta, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

I had the pleasure of being a guest teacher at the exotic Anamaya and I have to tell you that I am already planning to go back! From the moment you walk through the doors until the time you leave you are treated like family. The staff and the resident kitty, Onyx, really care about your well being and your experience at Anamaya and go out of their way to make sure your stay there is superb. The food is delicious and fresh with nice plated presentations. The views are breathtaking, you must get up early at least one time while you're there to meditate as the sunrises with a very curious iguana that likes to also watch the sun come up. I can write a book about the unforgettable experience I had, but you'll have to go for yourself and experience how taken you become with Costa Rica, Anamaya, the beaches and the beautiful people.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Windsor
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

I don't think there's a place as magical as Anamaya. I travelled on my first solo trip here and was feeling a little nervous but from the moment I arrived I was greeted with a delicious smoothie and open arms. Everyone was just amazing....staff, travelers....the place is gorgeous! Delicious food and probably the healthiest I've eaten in my life! Lots to do or very little depending what you want. The facial was amazing....the views...the pool. Everything exceeded my expectations especially the friends I made :) Don't hesitate just go!

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Montezuma
Kalapiti Luxury Jungle Suites
Hotel Celaje
Hotel Celaje
#1 of 2 in Cabuya
4.0 of 5 stars 135 reviews

Been to Anamaya Resort & Retreat Center? Share your experiences!