“Pura Vida!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Anamaya Resort & Retreat Center

We can't find prices for this hotel
Anamaya Resort & Retreat Center
300 mts NE of Mariposario, Montezuma 00001, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #2 of 19 hotels in Montezuma
Toronto, Canada
“Pura Vida!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

I just returned from paradise..Anamaya! I can't even begin to express the joy it was to teach such amazing people from all over the world. I will cherish this memory forever in my heart and thank you to the amazing staff at Anamaya for making my stay so incredible.
As soon as you walk into the main house, you feel the connection with nature and you feel pure bliss. The views are absolutely incredible, that the pictures do not do it any justice! This was my second time here and it def won't be my last. Hope to be back very soon!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

130 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Charleston, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

What a delightful, charming place. The view, with an infinity pool perched on a cliff overlooking the ocean, will take your breath away. For this mostly-vegetarian, the meals were a treat - fresh, delicious, beautiful to look at, plentiful. Staff was friendly and accomodating. I thoroughly enjoyed the twice-daily yoga classes with guest teacher April, with howler monkeys and iguanas observing us nearby. I made it my mission to try out every one of the dozen or so hammocks scattered throughout the resort, each offering a unique view of the forest and ocean. I was there to celebrate my birthday, and the staff made it special with a silky avocado brithday cake. I would come back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

Anamaya is one of those places which would bless you with memories you'll cary with you throughout your life. You'll meet great people, make friends for life and have adventures. Its up to you what you do. Anamaya is just there to help you help yourself. It is a kind of place that can help you find what you are looking for, if you let it.
So, chose your destination and go, if you accept everyone you meet as a teacher then the truth will not be withheld from you.

Namaste,
Best of luck to you on your journey...
Denis

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Murrieta, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

I had the pleasure of being a guest teacher at the exotic Anamaya and I have to tell you that I am already planning to go back! From the moment you walk through the doors until the time you leave you are treated like family. The staff and the resident kitty, Onyx, really care about your well being and your experience at Anamaya and go out of their way to make sure your stay there is superb. The food is delicious and fresh with nice plated presentations. The views are breathtaking, you must get up early at least one time while you're there to meditate as the sunrises with a very curious iguana that likes to also watch the sun come up. I can write a book about the unforgettable experience I had, but you'll have to go for yourself and experience how taken you become with Costa Rica, Anamaya, the beaches and the beautiful people.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Windsor
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

I don't think there's a place as magical as Anamaya. I travelled on my first solo trip here and was feeling a little nervous but from the moment I arrived I was greeted with a delicious smoothie and open arms. Everyone was just amazing....staff, travelers....the place is gorgeous! Delicious food and probably the healthiest I've eaten in my life! Lots to do or very little depending what you want. The facial was amazing....the views...the pool. Everything exceeded my expectations especially the friends I made :) Don't hesitate just go!

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

Amamaya is ONE of a kind. No words can truly explain the magic that comes from Montezuma! This place changed my life forever and I can not thank Anamaya enough for guiding me thru meditation, yoga, healthy eating and experiencing nature at its most beautiful extent! I never dreamed it could be that good. EVER. It was a truly mystical experience and it changed me forever. All I have to say is GO… and plan on never wanting to leave. I am headed back in one month and have only been home for a week!

TRIP OF A LIFETIME! WORTH EVERY PENNY! LOVE LOVE LOVE!

Room Tip: The JUNGLE CABINA was AMAZZZZING! Only if you like monkeys in the trees while you sleep and watching...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

I was looking for a special place where I could practice some Yoga with other inspiring people in a beautiful environment. And I exactly found that special place in Anamaya, Montezuma, Costa Rica.
After a warm welcome from the receptionist I was given an awesome Smoothie and shown the generous and very clean room, called "Temple". I had a private room with luxurious King size bed, balcony with hanging mat and safe (though I felt I actually didn't need to lock my belongings as I felt very safe and comfortable there anyway). I shared the bathroom with another guest which wasn't a problem with her at all.
I was member of a Yoga retreat week at Anamaya with two guest Yoga teachers from Montreal which was a great new experience. The group, mostly Canadians, has had a nice energy and it was much fun to practice with them. At the end I became friends with some of them and to say good-bye was pretty hard.
Mentionable in any case is the amazing food and meals (lunch/dinner) they served. It was simple gorgeous, especially the Desserts :) They took care of everyone's food determined allergies or intolerances, mostly vegan or vegetarian. Though the portions sometimes could have been a little bigger ;)
Additionally to the pure Yoga you could choose other activities such as surfing, horseback riding, a waterfall hike or a snorkeling trip to a beautiful paradising island which by the Way was very adventurous with that speed boat taking every roaring wave.
Bodywork treatments can also be booked which is a nice combination to Yoga and the other activities and processed by Dianne or Laura knowing exactly what they do.
Well, all in all it's not that cheap or budget-priced place, but the quality, the hospitality, the staff, the food and last but not least the amazing accomodation and views overlooking the lush Vegetation and the ocean, is worth its price.

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Been to Anamaya Resort & Retreat Center? Share your experiences!