“Paradise on Earth” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Anamaya Resort & Retreat Center

We can't find prices for this hotel
Anamaya Resort & Retreat Center
You added Anamaya Resort & Retreat Center to your Saves list
300 mts NE of Mariposario, Montezuma 00001, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Montezuma
Toronto
“Paradise on Earth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I am a city girl and I never even went camping. I was a little bit apprehensive about booking at this resort because I was not sure if I could handle all the nature. When I arrived at the resort, all my fears disappeared. The staff (family) was at the door ready to greet me and welcome me home. Before you even begin to check in, they have you eat a very delicious lunch while you get your bearings. I could not believe I was going to stay here for a week.

I stayed in the Ananda cabin and it was everything I hoped it to be and more. The cabina was very spacey and the view was beautiful. The outdoor bathroom was great and it did not bother me. I saw a few of the other cabinas and they all looked amazing. For those who are worried that people can see you naked when you're using the outdoor bathroom, we passed by the resort when we were coming back from Tortuga Island and it’s so well built that the only thing you see is the main house, everything is covered by the trees.

My favorite part of the entire resort was the yoga deck. It was surreal to be doing sun salutations facing the sun. Your view is above the jungle and beyond that is ocean. When you inhale, you smell nature and flowers. Everyone always talks about the view, but take a moment, and inhale.

I loved the pools. It was so relaxing to hang around the pool and look at the oceans. Under the infinity pool, there is an infrared sauna. Don’t forget to try it out.

The food was amazing. It was filling, healthy and delicious. Even with all the delicious food, I was able to lose a lot of weight because I was not eating any junk.

Anamaya has thought of everything and the attention to detail is superb. Everything is planned out perfectly. You can either have a very busy week filled with activities or you can have a totally blissful week. The service is far superior to any 5 star hotels in the entire world because they treat you like family instead of guests.

Another amazing aspect of Anamaya is that they teach you to respect and live with wildlife and nature. I don’t like bugs but I learned to live with them. I’m not going to lie; there are a lot of bugs. I am a bug magnetic and I'm also allergic although I did get bitten most people did not. I used Active OFF! And it worked very well.

If you are thinking about coming, don’t think. Just book!

This 5 star review is not based on extravagant luxury of the resort but on the experience that the resort gave me. The view is the best in the entire world. I could not get enough of it while I was there. This was an amazing and relaxing vacation where I really felt that I "found myself." Thank you Anamaya!

Room Tip: Choose whatever you think you will like. They're all great.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Wilmore, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Anamaya was great! The staff was like family and it was beyond beautiful there. The food was incredibly good and healthy. The yoga deck was the most serene place imaginable, perfect for yoga. The view from the deck felt as if you were in a movie. Hope I get to visit again! Could not have asked for a more beautiful place to spend the month and focus on my yoga practice.

Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Not enough words to describe the experience at this beautiful resort. The pictures do not do it enough justice. Not to mention the wonderful staff who were always willing to help out with any need I had. They were caring, kind, pleasant and very friendly. Yoga was intense and invigorating, wonderful instructor. The massages as relaxing as can be.The food was delicious, you could tell the chefs put all the effort into making it so yummy. I chose the yoga and rejuvenation package and ended up booking some of the other activities as well (quad to ride around the different towns, scuba diving, surf classes). The staff made all the necessary arrangements. The nearby town, Montezuma is fun and has everything you may need without having to go to far. Needed some time to recharge my spirit, Anamaya was definitely the place to be at. If u want to travel with friends, family or solo for fun, to rest or to do any healing this is for sure a place to keep in mind. Look forward to going back.

Room Tip: All rooms are different in size, design and location, ALL equally beautiful, clean, comfortable and...
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

OMG!! This is an amazing place. Pure bliss. If you're thinking about it my best advice is pay for it and GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! You won't regret it. The place is amazing, the staff is excellent, caring, loving, pleasant, and above all humble! Montezuma is gorgeous, the culture is exquisite. By far the best vacation I've ever had. Also, if you have a hubby like mine who does not like yoga get the yoga and adventure package...he will love it and thank you for it. In this place you can have it all if you want too....relax, find yourself, connect with nature or connect with others. If you want adventure is here too...just book it and go!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait for spring to go back!!!

Room Tip: For couples the Prana room is the best :)
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I recently attended a month long yoga teacher training June 2013. The experienced was LIFE CHANGING! The website and pictures do NOT do the resort justice. It is absolutely magical. The surroundings are peaceful, clean, beautiful and inviting. The staff are like family. The food was equally marvelous. I could tell everything was done with love. It was also very apparent that the owners have put their heart and soul into creating heaven on earth. With open hearts and open minds this resort allowed me to find the happiness that was hidden in the darkness. I recommend staying at this resort if you are looking for peace, love, connection to earth, and gratitude. I will be returning and bringing my friends and family with me. I am counting the days.

Room Tip: Check out their website for a picture and description of the rooms. I saw several of them and there...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

If you need some time away to recover and recoup while having an amazing time, this is the place to go! The pictures don't do the place justice- it is amazing. I did the surf and yoga package and had an amazing time! I was a beginner at both and had a great experience. Could not recommend the place more highly. The rest of the group that was there really made the experience- made some awesome new friends. Only word of advice is that if you take the shuttle and ferry (nice way to see more of the country), pack lightly because you have to carry your bags up and down 2 flights of stairs :-)

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

The views are spectacular. The staff are wonderful, fun and helpful and will make your stay unique. The fresh, organic food is incredible. The yoga classes are beautiful and a peaceful, playful spirit infuses the whole experience. The photos barely do it justice. You must see for yourself.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Montezuma
Kalapiti Luxury Jungle Suites
Hotel Celaje
Hotel Celaje
#1 of 2 in Cabuya
4.0 of 5 stars 134 reviews

Been to Anamaya Resort & Retreat Center? Share your experiences!