We were there last week, as a couple, expecting a one-week-relax/discovery trip for 2 yoga beginners. We had that and a lot more.
Arriving after dusk, we were greeted by a warm welcome and a delicious exotic meal, prepared by a local chef. The cabin (jungle) was as comfy and stylish as the pics suggested. Unfortunately, the birds and monkeys don't make it to the patio, but a 5minute walk will get you to them!
The next morning started by the daily morning yoga session with Lia. Her "go at your rhythm up to your own cliff's edge" approach made the beginners comfortable and the advanced satisfied. Every morning, she got pretty much all of us craving for our next ocean-view session! The yoga program was completed by pm sessions of acro/team with Joseph, the co-owner, or Chill/restorative yoga with Sylvia. The team/acro were very entertaining, bringing a new interactive component to yoga. We could very well appreciate Joseph's expertise and creativity as well as his eager to have us get the maximum out of our Anamaya experience. As for Sylvia, her calm and almost "maternal" touch made her sessions very soothing, especially for those who did hiking or surfing during the day. Talking about soothing, Diane and Laura, the massotherapists had no equal to find that soar muscle and fix it!
The chefs were terrific and one, Natie, let us have some of our secrets with a wonderful cooking lesson!
Thank you for that recharging experience and bringing our yoga to another level!
We will be back,
- Also Known As:
- Anamaya Resort & Retreat Hotel Montezuma
- Anamaya Resort & Retreat Hotel
- Anamaya Resort And Retreat Center
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Anamaya is a luxury boutique hotel and yoga retreat center in the beautiful beach town of Montezuma, Costa Rica. We have the best view of any hotel in the area, and are right next door to famous Montezuma Falls, which is a 5 minute walk from our property. The hotel is decorated in a very artistic, Bohemian, yet luxurious style that creates a very exotic feel. ... more less