Pictures do not do this place justice! My daughter and I shared the Yoga/Adventure package and she surfed 4 out of 5 days.....Everyone was so wonderful! Jen, Gretel, Lauren, Natie, Albert became like family after just one day! There were some who had years of yoga experience, some intermediates, then there was ME----I had never been to a yoga class in my life! Lia was outstanding----it was great enough for those with experience and she helped me adapt to my own "cliff's edge"! None of us even THOUGHT about missing a class! Sylvia's restorative yoga sessions are not to be missed -----I am totally spoiled. I love yoga!!!!! The hikes and the waterfalls are not to be missed either---bring good water-shoes for the climbs over and through the falls. We thought we were going to lose weight on this adventure because who expected the food to be SOOOOO over-the-top!!!!! We stayed in the lotus cabana. The views from our cabana were incredible; we woke up with the howler monkeys at sunrise every morning and opened the curtains to soak it all in----or went out on our balcony in the hammocks----too awesome! Getting to and from Anamaya is an adventure in itself......most of us opted to take the shuttle/ferry from San Jose International airport to Anamaya (we called the van/taxi rides "Costa Rican Massages"...try not to sit in the back); the ferry ride to the peninsula was great! We flew back from Timbor to San Jose----important tip: make your reservations early on Sansas if you can so you can fly direct to the international airport. If not, Nature Air flies to an airport about an hour away from San Jose International airport----keep that in mind when making your arrangements.
- Also Known As:
- Anamaya Resort & Retreat Hotel Montezuma
- Anamaya Resort And Retreat Center
- Anamaya Resort & Retreat Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Anamaya is a luxury boutique hotel and yoga retreat center in the beautiful beach town of Montezuma, Costa Rica. We have the best view of any hotel in the area, and are right next door to famous Montezuma Falls, which is a 5 minute walk from our property. The hotel is decorated in a very artistic, Bohemian, yet luxurious style that creates a very exotic feel. ... more less