This review comes somewhat delayed. I went to Anamaya back in March of this year and I had such a great time. You need to read a few reviews so you can truly appreciate it and get a sense of the place. It feels like a home away from home but when you need privacy you can retreat to your room or villa and just take in the beautiful environs or take a nap in your air conditioned room.
This is not like staying at a large resort, they only have capacity for around 30 people, and everyone is there Saturday to Saturday so you get to know everyone and spend a lot of time together at Yoga, morning coffee and fruit while watching the sunrise or monkeys play in the trees, or at the pool, the sauna, meals or excursions.
The staff was fantastic - the chef was previously from the Four Seasons (and I believe now opening his own restaurant nearby), the office staff responsive and accommodating; finding the right times for massage appointments, or custom-designing an excursion for the smaller in-house group that was there that week, or moving our yoga class earlier or later to make it work for our schedule - they really know how to run a resort.
There's so much to say - the nearby town is wonderful and has an organic market on Saturdays, several organic/healthy restaurants, a real gelato place, open mike on Mondays (where one of the staff sings - she's amazing!), and more.
Just go! For the price you can't beat it. Just make sure to take Nature Air or Sansa (the two domestic carriers) if you're connecting from San Jose or Liberia - especially LIberia since the roads are very bumpy and you go slowly. From San Jose I hear there's a highway most of the way, but still a bit of a ride.
Anyway, enjoy! And thanks so much Anamaya - I had a lovely time and made friends for life!
- Also Known As:
- Anamaya Resort And Retreat Center
- Anamaya Resort & Retreat Hotel Montezuma
- Anamaya Resort & Retreat Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Anamaya is a luxury boutique hotel and yoga retreat center in the beautiful beach town of Montezuma, Costa Rica. We have the best view of any hotel in the area, and are right next door to famous Montezuma Falls, which is a 5 minute walk from our property. The hotel is decorated in a very artistic, Bohemian, yet luxurious style that creates a very exotic feel. ... more less