“Yoga Teacher Training in Paradise” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Anamaya Resort & Retreat Center

We can't find prices for this hotel
Anamaya Resort & Retreat Center
You added Anamaya Resort & Retreat Center to your Saves list
300 mts NE of Mariposario, Montezuma 00001, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Montezuma
Vancouver
“Yoga Teacher Training in Paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

I just got back from a month at Anamaya and it was beyond my expectations (and I had pretty high expectations). Didn't think it was possible but the view from that infinity pool and the yoga deck was well beyond what anyone has been able to capture in photos. I've been completely spoiled now... the yoga classes had monkeys playing a few feet away in the trees, colourful humming birds and butterflies zipping around and whales splashing around in the ocean view.

Food - also amazing! I've tried to go gluten, wheat and dairy free before but I've never made it past a few weeks. The chef at Anamaya makes healthy food that's so tasty you don't feel like you’re missing out. Some of my favourites were the pancakes, cupcakes, all the yuka dishes, and all the fresh fish. Now that I'm back home I'm craving the food from Anamaya... please make a cookbook and share a few of the secrets!!!

What else can I say... it was rainy season when I was there. That meant the mornings and afternoons were usually sunny and then there were some night storms, but the weather was always warm. One great morning I woke up just before the sunrise to see the clearest stars overhead, the coolest thunderstorm across the water and then added the gorgeous sunrise to the mix.

If anyone is thinking about doing the month long teacher training I would recommend it. I loved that I was able to get the knowledge and growth I was looking for in my yoga and meditation practice, get a great jump start to my healthy eating plan, but also peppered in fun nights of salsa dancing, waterfall hikes, zip lining, and beach time.

Room Tip: I explored all the rooms and my favourite is The Jungle room. It feels like you are living on top of...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

I just got back from the September 2011 Yoga Teacher Training at Anamaya Resort. The staff and crew at Anamaya really make up your family while you are gone and are so accommodating. The food is incredible, the rooms are clean, the yoga training was awesome! The best part is that no photo can actually capture how beautiful this place is! You will have to go see for yourself!

Room Tip: I stayed in the Temple, but of all the rooms I saw, the Bali Room and Jungle rooms were the most bea...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011 via mobile

I spent a week in Anamaya for a yoga retreat in March 2011 and had an amazing experience! The staff are incredibly friendly and accommodating, there are beautiful views from the hotel, and the food is just delicious! I look forward to coming back again soon!

• Stayed March 2011
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2011

My friend and I took part in a one week yoga retreat at Anamaya at the end of August, and I must say that it was a vacation I will never forget. Photographs do not do this place justice. The resort itself is spectacular, improved upon only by its friendly atmosphere and fabulous staff. From the moment we were greeted on the front step, we couldn't have felt more at home. Our accommodations (we stayed in the master suite) were comfortable and spacious, with a spectacular ocean view. The food was amazing, and as others have said, it often felt like sitting down to a meal with a group of close friends. I feel lucky to have discovered such a special place, and I hope to get the opportunity to go back again someday.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

I stayed at Anamaya in early August of 2011 and thoroughly enjoyed my visit! The resort is beautiful, the staff is friendly and the atmosphere is inviting and relaxing. It was truly a blissful week! You'll love the breath-taking ocean views, the terrific food and the healing atmosphere; I generally am quite active on my vacations but I found myself opting to lounge and take in the amazing views every day! There are beautiful waterfalls nearby if you want to experience the local scenery. Montezuma is a short walk or taxi ride away for restaurants and nightlife. Good surfing can be had close by as well as swimming and other activities. There is plenty to do if you can tear yourself away from the comfortable deck and gorgeous views!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Malibu, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011

I stayed at the Anamaya at the suggestion of a fellow yogi who was attending a teacher training class with me The rooms were pleasant and bright, with updated bathrooms, something that is hard to find in Costa Rica! The area is a bit remote, however the staff were extremey accomodating and provided a handsome chauffeur on a quad who drove me to class every day for a nominal fee The coffee in the morning with coconut milk was amazing, as was the home made granola with fresh fruit The staff was friendly and efficient, making sure that everything was attended to in a timely yet unobtrusive manner Because I was taking teacher training coursed at a different location, I never did a yoga class at ANAmya, but wish that I had The other guests were really nice, and when I had to leave earlier than i expected, Joseph was there with bells on ! My only regret was not being able to stay longer Nest teacher training will difintely be here, in Montezuma, by the way be sure to stop by the Sanno Banano, a beautiful restaurant on the ocean nearby

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Dauphin Island, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2011

My husband and I did a week yoga retreat, it was amazing! Gorgeous place, great food, wonderful people, couldn't have been a better experience. We will go back.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Anamaya Resort & Retreat Center? Share your experiences!