“What an amazing place!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Anamaya Resort & Retreat Center

We can't find prices for this hotel
Anamaya Resort & Retreat Center
You added Anamaya Resort & Retreat Center to your Saves list
300 mts NE of Mariposario, Montezuma 00001, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Montezuma
Halifax, Canada
“What an amazing place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2011

My friend and I took part in a one week yoga retreat at Anamaya at the end of August, and I must say that it was a vacation I will never forget. Photographs do not do this place justice. The resort itself is spectacular, improved upon only by its friendly atmosphere and fabulous staff. From the moment we were greeted on the front step, we couldn't have felt more at home. Our accommodations (we stayed in the master suite) were comfortable and spacious, with a spectacular ocean view. The food was amazing, and as others have said, it often felt like sitting down to a meal with a group of close friends. I feel lucky to have discovered such a special place, and I hope to get the opportunity to go back again someday.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

I stayed at Anamaya in early August of 2011 and thoroughly enjoyed my visit! The resort is beautiful, the staff is friendly and the atmosphere is inviting and relaxing. It was truly a blissful week! You'll love the breath-taking ocean views, the terrific food and the healing atmosphere; I generally am quite active on my vacations but I found myself opting to lounge and take in the amazing views every day! There are beautiful waterfalls nearby if you want to experience the local scenery. Montezuma is a short walk or taxi ride away for restaurants and nightlife. Good surfing can be had close by as well as swimming and other activities. There is plenty to do if you can tear yourself away from the comfortable deck and gorgeous views!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Malibu, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011

I stayed at the Anamaya at the suggestion of a fellow yogi who was attending a teacher training class with me The rooms were pleasant and bright, with updated bathrooms, something that is hard to find in Costa Rica! The area is a bit remote, however the staff were extremey accomodating and provided a handsome chauffeur on a quad who drove me to class every day for a nominal fee The coffee in the morning with coconut milk was amazing, as was the home made granola with fresh fruit The staff was friendly and efficient, making sure that everything was attended to in a timely yet unobtrusive manner Because I was taking teacher training coursed at a different location, I never did a yoga class at ANAmya, but wish that I had The other guests were really nice, and when I had to leave earlier than i expected, Joseph was there with bells on ! My only regret was not being able to stay longer Nest teacher training will difintely be here, in Montezuma, by the way be sure to stop by the Sanno Banano, a beautiful restaurant on the ocean nearby

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Dauphin Island, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2011

My husband and I did a week yoga retreat, it was amazing! Gorgeous place, great food, wonderful people, couldn't have been a better experience. We will go back.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Bayside, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2011

I have to say that this trip was amazing. From the moment we entered Anamaya you can feel the great energy. The employees greeted me and my friend with a smile and were very helpful. From transportation to and from the airport to the resort it was great.

Me and my friend opted to take the shuttle they provided so we can enjoy the view on our travel to Anamaya.. It was great seeing all the towns’ families walking by. The great farms and animals Costa Rica has to offer. I had the pleasure in meeting lots of great people that came to the same resort .

It has been about 5 days since I left Anamaya and I have to say I miss the yummy food, the great Yoga classes and the Zumba class were we get to learn great moves.. It was great and I am looking forward to coming back either alone again or with my family and bring lots of friends.

Room Tip: I stayed in the casita and loved it!!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2011

I had the honor of staying at Anamaya and teaching and taking yoga for the seven day retreat. It is one of the most peaceful and tranquil places on earth. The facilities are beautiful and the view is breath taking. Doing yoga on the open air deck facing the ocean was a dream come true. The food was excellent and the package included three meals per day with great variety. Everything home made and organic. Delicious. Relaxing by the edgeless pool or on a hammock was my favorite thing. Although the location is high on top a hill, you do not feel isolated because you have access to alot of activites including a hiking to a water fall just outside Anamaya's back gate, walking to town, surfing, scuba, horseback riding and dancing. But the best part of the experience was the staff at Anamaya. They were all wonderful and did everything to make my stay excellent. I highly recommend doing one of the week long retreats. It is very affordable for what you get.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2011

I met my friends at Anamaya for an adventure and we were not disappointed. Costa Rica is fantastic and everyone needs to visit at some point in their life, but make sure you make Anamaya a part of your stay. We traveled around to different areas but this was one of our favourite spots.

The food is incredible and the staff make you feel like you're part of the "Anamaya Family". The view is stunning and the rooms were great - every cabina is different and we got to see some of the rooms that were vacant. Sometimes we needed to ask for clean towels and the cleaning staff were lovely people but they had a tendency to miss things here-or-there...but when we needed something taken care of, we asked and they took care of it right away.

It's a very special place and I can't wait to go back for a yoga retreat, or a detox retreat, or something like that. I highly recommend checking it out.

Room Tip: Try to book the Bali House if you can get it.
  • Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Anamaya Resort & Retreat Center? Share your experiences!