“Paradise to Its finest!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Anamaya Resort & Retreat Center

We can't find prices for this hotel
Anamaya Resort & Retreat Center
Save Saved
You added Anamaya Resort & Retreat Center to your Saves list
300 mts NE of Mariposario, Montezuma 00001, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #2 of 19 hotels in Montezuma
Bayside, New York
“Paradise to Its finest!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2011

I have to say that this trip was amazing. From the moment we entered Anamaya you can feel the great energy. The employees greeted me and my friend with a smile and were very helpful. From transportation to and from the airport to the resort it was great.

Me and my friend opted to take the shuttle they provided so we can enjoy the view on our travel to Anamaya.. It was great seeing all the towns’ families walking by. The great farms and animals Costa Rica has to offer. I had the pleasure in meeting lots of great people that came to the same resort .

It has been about 5 days since I left Anamaya and I have to say I miss the yummy food, the great Yoga classes and the Zumba class were we get to learn great moves.. It was great and I am looking forward to coming back either alone again or with my family and bring lots of friends.

Room Tip: I stayed in the casita and loved it!!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends

134 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2011

I had the honor of staying at Anamaya and teaching and taking yoga for the seven day retreat. It is one of the most peaceful and tranquil places on earth. The facilities are beautiful and the view is breath taking. Doing yoga on the open air deck facing the ocean was a dream come true. The food was excellent and the package included three meals per day with great variety. Everything home made and organic. Delicious. Relaxing by the edgeless pool or on a hammock was my favorite thing. Although the location is high on top a hill, you do not feel isolated because you have access to alot of activites including a hiking to a water fall just outside Anamaya's back gate, walking to town, surfing, scuba, horseback riding and dancing. But the best part of the experience was the staff at Anamaya. They were all wonderful and did everything to make my stay excellent. I highly recommend doing one of the week long retreats. It is very affordable for what you get.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2011

I met my friends at Anamaya for an adventure and we were not disappointed. Costa Rica is fantastic and everyone needs to visit at some point in their life, but make sure you make Anamaya a part of your stay. We traveled around to different areas but this was one of our favourite spots.

The food is incredible and the staff make you feel like you're part of the "Anamaya Family". The view is stunning and the rooms were great - every cabina is different and we got to see some of the rooms that were vacant. Sometimes we needed to ask for clean towels and the cleaning staff were lovely people but they had a tendency to miss things here-or-there...but when we needed something taken care of, we asked and they took care of it right away.

It's a very special place and I can't wait to go back for a yoga retreat, or a detox retreat, or something like that. I highly recommend checking it out.

Room Tip: Try to book the Bali House if you can get it.
  • Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2011

The Anamaya resort is a gorgeous place to relax--one of the most beautiful views imaginable. Yoga on the spacious ocean view deck, exceptional breakfast buffets, fresh fish for dinner were all a plus for this vacation. Resort is located on a bluff and getting up the steep hill is a challenge. The walk to Montezuma can be done. Hire a taxi on the return to avoid the steep climb, but not always easy to find one. We paid a bit more to have a casita--which had a "full kitchen". Some details were overlooked--no coffee pot, coffee cups, wine glasses, dish towels. Staff was very accommodating and friendly.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2011

This was our second visit to Anamaya Resort. The first visit was so magical we decided to get married there. From the minute we arrived it was like we had come home. We were greeted by Joseph and his lovely staff who made our stay unforgettable. We were able to relax and enjoy everything that Anamaya had to offer and truly have a stressfree wedding. The staff took care of all of the details for us and anticipated our every need. Their holistic approach to life was felt in every detail of our stay, from the healthy cooking to the pleasant and peaceful environment. We brought 3 teenage city kids with us and they truly enjoyed the connection to nature that Anamaya had to offer. This both surprised and delighted us.

Anamaya will always have a special place in our hearts.

Greg, Nancy, Sam, Justine and Madeleine

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Sierra Madre, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2011

We came to Anamaya for a week's Tantra Yoga retreat, now knowing just how much the feeling, service and beauty of this resort would amplify the experience of the retreat itself. We must leave today, but as I sit here I am looking out over the stunning porch/yoga/dance floor in the back, with a calm and glorious ocean hundreds of feet below. Jungle-like forest extends from hundreds of feet below us to the ocean shore, and this morning we awakened to the gentle sound of howler monkies, just as last night we feel asleep to the unique and funny sounds of geckos clicking.

If you EVER have an opportunity to come here as a guest, either as part of a retreat or during the times they have individual bungalows for rent, do not miss it. I have traveled the world, including much of the vacation tropics, and Anamaya has been the best of the best.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Key West, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2010

I treated myself to a yoga retreat for my 40th birthday and have been thanking myself for it ever since! The resort is stunning, and the view from the yoga deck might be the most beautiful one I've ever seen. But the real magic of the place is in the loving, energetic vibe of the people who work there. Everyone, without exception, was friendly, helpful, and warm. Destiny's yoga classes were terrific, and the food was some of the most delicious, creative cuisine I have ever tasted. The Anamaya website paints a spectacular picture of the place, so my expectations were pretty high. Anamaya exceeded those high expectations in every possible way! I would absolutely recommend it and I can't wait to return someday.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo

Been to Anamaya Resort & Retreat Center? Share your experiences!