“Trip of my life!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 18 Activities in Montezuma
Type: Other
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Combine Spanish, surfing, yoga, fire dancing and scuba certification in any combination for 1-12 weeks in Montezuma, Costa Rica. Programs include accommodations, zip line canopy tours, horseback riding, waterfall hikes, bonfires and a whole lot of fun.
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
“Trip of my life!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

My trip to Montezuma with La Escuela Del Sol was the most wonderful trip of my life. I don’t even know where to begin. I went for Spanish and surfing classes. Since contacting LEDS months before my trip, Jeremy and Rebeca, in the office, were always informative and easy to reach by email. I was to take my Spanish class for college credit so there was some administrative work that Jeremy helped me work through. Jeremy helped me get that taken care of and answered any question I had. The town of Montezuma is one of the coolest, most friendly, beautiful places I have ever been and will always have a place in my heart. I went by myself so I was a little nervous but as it turns out there were several other solo travelers, from all over the world going through the LEDS program. I have only been back a few weeks and have already chatted through email and facebook with some of my LEDS friends. My Spanish instructors, Wendy and Adrianna were excellent. I am a beginning Spanish student but have had a few classes. I feel like my Spanish is really coming together after working with them, they are very patient and did an excellent job of helping me put things together so that towards the end of my trip I was having real Spanish conversations! Also, LEDS offers several class levels, so they can teach advanced students as well. The surf classes were a blast! My instructors Pablo and Blue were so much fun to learn from. The beach that LEDS uses is a great beach, the waves were really good while I was there but the beach is secluded so you don’t have to worry about being embarrassed about wiping out, haha. I had taken lessons in San Diego before and felt like I was going to run someone over it was so crowded. That is not the case in Montezuma at all.Pablo and Blue stayed in the water with us the entire time, giving constant advice and feedback. I went from barely being able to get on a wave to doing some real surfing! I am so glad I took this trip and am already figuring out when I can get back. Thank you so much La Escuela Del Sol! Pura Vida! Matt M

Visited July 2012

Culver City, California
“Great atmosphere - fun and learning combined”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

The school created an atmosphere where students could mix, learn and have fun. As much as I enjoyed the Spanish instruction and yoga, I also looked forward to going out to eat after classes. I am a fit 60 and found it very doable (the waterfall hike was a challenge during the rainy season). Everyone just melded nicely. Depending on your level of Spanish and desire, you may want to take private lessons.

Visited August 2012
Boulder, CO
“Opportunity of a Lifetime!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

If you're even thinking about visiting La Escuela Del Sol you HAVE to go! I originally came for 12 weeks of Spanish and Yoga and have stayed for longer. This place offers more than just classes, it offers an experience that you won't get anywhere else. The people you meet, the teachers, the staff at the hotel, Montezuma, all make this no ordinary vacation. Many people come alone or with another person and all are welcome. There is literally something for everyone and I can't say enough about the experience you'll get from here. You will not only be in paradise with howler monkeys in the trees around you, a turquoise ocean staring at you, but you will learn more than just the classes you take. Whatever it is, Fire Poi, Surf, Spanish, Yoga, Scuba, you will not be disappointed. THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING LEDS!

Visited July 2012
Ottawa, Canada
“Ideal spot for a real vacation!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

I've stayed a la escuela del sol for 1 week in April and my only regret is that I couldn't stay longer. I have travelled to many places and this little oasis in Montezuma is perfect. I took yoga and surfing lessons. Although I wasn't sold on yoga prior to my arrival, I got positively surprised by the benefits you can get from it. And so you know, the teachers count many years of practice, they will adapt to your needs. Surfing with Memo was just great! A kind and again, knowledgeable instructor. I met great people there and all activities were up to my standards. The hotel is equipped with a nice kitchen and open area on the third floor... a nice place to gather and relax after a beautiful day under the sun. go, you won't regret.

Visited April 2012
Portland, Oregon, United States
“One of my favorite vacations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

I went to Zan and Aurora's poi retreat through Escuela Del Sol. I have to say it was one of my best experiences traveling and learning ever. The accomodations were of course lovely but the best part was the teaching by Zan and Aurora and yoga with Banyan. Our group was small and intimate and we learned so much and laughed and played so hard. I have to say it was one of the healthiest, funnest, well rounded traveling experiences I have ever had and I have traveled extensively. Thank you!

Visited January 2012