We stayed in Mariposa cabin for three nights. We were bummed that Colibri was booked, but LOVED Mariposa (and actually prefer it for the patio)! You are well equipped with everything you could possibly need, kitchen and otherwise. The views alone make it worth the stay: waking up and sitting on the patio looking down at the white waves crashing over the rocks under gorgeous foliage. It was so quiet and peaceful.
Peter has a gate to come in and out of as you please. We walked to town the first day, which wasn't too bad and was very scenic. However, the Heights are off the beaten path so trips to town are kind of a pain if you plan on traveling to town and around a lot. I would recommend renting a vehicle if so (we rented an ATV from a nice gentleman in town for $160 for two days). Peter is never more than a few paces away and speaks English, which is helpful if you're staying in an area where you don't speak the language and aren't familiar with the area (another reason I'd recommend staying here if that is the case). Adorable and playful Luna the lab is another reason :)
- Close to Montezuma Falls and Mariposa Gardens
- About ten minutes from town
- Very hot shower (I was worried about this, as I like it scalding. It was perfect!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Really private and save pacific overviewing cottages made with lot´s of love and detail. ... more less