“Friendly and Fun!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 23 Activities in Montezuma
More attraction details
Owner description: WATERFALLS ZIP LINE TOURS The canopy consists of a series of 9 cables, 13 platforms that are suspended high above the forest floor. While on the canopy tour you will see a number of plants and animals unique to Costa Rica, possibly including howler and white-faced monkeys, parrots, iguanas and much more. During the tour we stop at the famous waterfalls where you can take pictures and go for a swim in the pools carved by the cascading waters. After that we´ll stop in Montezuma, so you can have some time to shop and look around.
Raleigh, North Carolina, Usa
“Friendly and Fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

My wife and I went on the Waterfall Canopy Tour in Montezuma over our honeymoon and had a great time. Juan Carlos was our guide, and he was very friendly and knowledgeable about the area. He speaks very good English, which was a relief after almost a week of trying to rely on high school and college Spanish classes!

We chose to do the canopy trek instead of the zipline, and had a great time talking to JC and walking through the forest. He took us to a set of waterfalls that were beautiful, and one of them was small enough that you could jump off of it! We hung around there and swam a bit before he took us into the town of Montezuma.

In Montezuma, we had about an hour before the van came and picked us up, which was a perfect amount of time to walk around a bit and then sit down for a snack at one of the ocean-front restaurants.

It was a wonderful experience and I suggest it highly!

Visited May 2014

Chicago, IL
5 attraction reviews
“Our 5 year old even did it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

Great fun. Several zip line segments from very short to a couple really long ones to give you a great tour of the canopy and river below. We even went with our 5 year old and the guides were great.. A couple of the shorter runs they sent her on her own.. One person launched her and another caught her on the other end, but on most of the legs a guide went with her tandem and got her across. She loved it.

A stop at the waterfall for about 30 minutes was nice, but she was a bit too small to jump the 15 ft or so and swim back to the edge so we stayed on the rocks and played in the puddles. The stairs back on the return trip might be a little hard on some young kids, so make sure if you go with kids they are strong enough to walk up a couple hundred stairs on their own.. And do it in the morning and make sure they're well rested!

Sydney
8 attraction reviews
“Lots of fun - I wanted to do it again!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

It was the first time we )couple in our 30's) had been on a canopy tour and we both absolutely loved it! The staff were really friendly and helpful and made us feel safe. The zip lines are really fun. Yes, there are some which are pretty short but there are some which are really long and fast. The waterfall was lovely, there was no one there when we arrived so it was very peaceful and then just one local arrived who put on a bit of a show for us jumping from a big tree into the falls. I wanted to do it all again and would definitely recommend it altough can't compare to other zip lines.

Visited May 2014
“Beautiful forest but disappointig falls”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

We walked through the trails to the waterfalls and paid $4 per person. The forest is peaceful and beautiful. The trail is well kept and well maintained by very friendly staff. We were looking forward to taking a refreshing dip in the waterfall and pools. We were really disappointed when we arrived. At the beginning, the friendly girl at the desk told us that we must : not litter, no smoking and no yelling. Well, once we got to the falls, we were immediately turned off. There were hoards of people...drinking beer, smoking drugs and cigarettes, singing and yelling. It did not meet our expectations of enjoying a refreshing waterfall in the forest, surrounded by nature. Instead, it seemed we were at a local drinking spot. We didn't stay and retraced our steps back to the trails. We were going to complain once we returned but On our way back we ran into 20 or so monkeys in the trees and all around us and it was an awesome experience. It certainly changed our mood and we left happy. It would have been a perfect score had the ambiance at the falls been less of a disappointment.

Dearborn, Michigan
3 attraction reviews
“The zip line tour is awesome!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

It's been 10 years since I've been on zip lines and every time I'm in Montezuma it's been on my list of many things to do, but this trip I decided to do it. I love it and it was worth every penny!

If this is something you would think you would like, try it, you'll LOVE it! There were a few people afraid in our group at the beginning, but they were loving it by the end. They also have a DVD at the end with photos and videos that you can purchase, I didn't buy, but it looked very nice (I was traveling solo, if I'd been with friends, I'm sure we'd have chipping in a got one).

They picked a group of us up in town and dropped us off later (it's really really high up the super steep hill, so I'm glad about this).

They say it's nine zip lines, but a few are very short (one is mainly just to get you around a tree), think of it as 6 really good lines and you won't be disappointed at all (I saw some complaints below). People have asked me about this many times, but I've never had an answer for them, from now on I will recommend this to others :)

The smaller the group the better, since you're waiting for others too. That's the nature of this kind of experience. Safety was a big concern for the staff and they always had you hooked up.

This company has been updating some of the lines and platforms and that really nice to see.

When I was there January 2014 they had just put in the walking bridges (NOT part of the zip line tour) and they were very very nice bridges (they charge admission to use these). It's still a bit of an up/down hike to get to the upper waterfalls, even with the bridges. The suspension bridges were so very nice, I took multiple photos (but of course I can't find them right now) of the bridges and of the view from the bridges.

Visited January 2014