“Lots of fun - I wanted to do it again!!” 5 of 5 stars

+506-2642-0808
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: WATERFALLS ZIP LINE TOURS The canopy consists of a series of 9 cables, 13 platforms that are suspended high above the forest floor. While on the canopy tour you will see a number of plants and animals unique to Costa Rica, possibly including howler and white-faced monkeys, parrots, iguanas and much more. During the tour we stop at the famous waterfalls where you can take pictures and go for a swim in the pools carved by the cascading waters. After that we´ll stop in Montezuma, so you can have some time to shop and look around.
Sydney
8 attraction reviews
“Lots of fun - I wanted to do it again!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

It was the first time we )couple in our 30's) had been on a canopy tour and we both absolutely loved it! The staff were really friendly and helpful and made us feel safe. The zip lines are really fun. Yes, there are some which are pretty short but there are some which are really long and fast. The waterfall was lovely, there was no one there when we arrived so it was very peaceful and then just one local arrived who put on a bit of a show for us jumping from a big tree into the falls. I wanted to do it all again and would definitely recommend it altough can't compare to other zip lines.

Visited May 2014

“Beautiful forest but disappointig falls”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

We walked through the trails to the waterfalls and paid $4 per person. The forest is peaceful and beautiful. The trail is well kept and well maintained by very friendly staff. We were looking forward to taking a refreshing dip in the waterfall and pools. We were really disappointed when we arrived. At the beginning, the friendly girl at the desk told us that we must : not litter, no smoking and no yelling. Well, once we got to the falls, we were immediately turned off. There were hoards of people...drinking beer, smoking drugs and cigarettes, singing and yelling. It did not meet our expectations of enjoying a refreshing waterfall in the forest, surrounded by nature. Instead, it seemed we were at a local drinking spot. We didn't stay and retraced our steps back to the trails. We were going to complain once we returned but On our way back we ran into 20 or so monkeys in the trees and all around us and it was an awesome experience. It certainly changed our mood and we left happy. It would have been a perfect score had the ambiance at the falls been less of a disappointment.

Dearborn, Michigan
3 attraction reviews
“The zip line tour is awesome!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

It's been 10 years since I've been on zip lines and every time I'm in Montezuma it's been on my list of many things to do, but this trip I decided to do it. I love it and it was worth every penny!

If this is something you would think you would like, try it, you'll LOVE it! There were a few people afraid in our group at the beginning, but they were loving it by the end. They also have a DVD at the end with photos and videos that you can purchase, I didn't buy, but it looked very nice (I was traveling solo, if I'd been with friends, I'm sure we'd have chipping in a got one).

They picked a group of us up in town and dropped us off later (it's really really high up the super steep hill, so I'm glad about this).

They say it's nine zip lines, but a few are very short (one is mainly just to get you around a tree), think of it as 6 really good lines and you won't be disappointed at all (I saw some complaints below). People have asked me about this many times, but I've never had an answer for them, from now on I will recommend this to others :)

The smaller the group the better, since you're waiting for others too. That's the nature of this kind of experience. Safety was a big concern for the staff and they always had you hooked up.

This company has been updating some of the lines and platforms and that really nice to see.

When I was there January 2014 they had just put in the walking bridges (NOT part of the zip line tour) and they were very very nice bridges (they charge admission to use these). It's still a bit of an up/down hike to get to the upper waterfalls, even with the bridges. The suspension bridges were so very nice, I took multiple photos (but of course I can't find them right now) of the bridges and of the view from the bridges.

Riga, Latvia
“little adrenaline and lovely views across the river”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

I decided to go with husband to canopy tour in Montezuma . But my husband changed their minds at the last minute, because he is terribly scary . So I went alone .
The first ride was damn scary , scream as I could. But beautiful. Emotions are worth it . Then, in a simple way and even a little boring , because some rides are very short . Much of the time came to stand on the platform and wait until the whole group will come and will go on the rope .
At the waterfall , I got the last of the group , and our track manager / safety guy did not wait for me and gave instructions for the rest of jumping right into the fall . It was not nice. from 4-5 meters high cliff jump into the water. I could not . Some jumped .
This canopy track is pretty much climb steep paths. It is for people with weaker physical fitness can be difficult.
Service staff are so relieved that they specifically do not pay attention to us. They laughed to Each other and amusement of tourists.
I suggest you go on zip tour in Monteverde neighborhood, there's a lot more adrenaline . Only there is worse weather may be raining and cloud forest.
The positive thing was the photo and video material, which can be bought on the end of tour for 20 dollars.

Visited January 2014
William M, Manager at SunTrails Montezuma Waterfall Canopy Tour, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Thanks for your feedback our canopy is small but with a very beautiful waterfall, views of the Pacific Ocean is also very beautiful, the surrounding forest canopy is unique in the area, thank you very much for visiting us and take something so beautiful in his mind, hope you come back soon
“Pura Vida...best way to celebrate your 50 birthday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

Goal...zip over rain forest canopy in Costa Rica on 50 birthday. Check...This was the perfect spot with a monkey sighting and a cool dip in the montezuma falls pools. Only a cold cerveza at the pool would have made it better.

Visited January 2014
William M, Manager at SunTrails Montezuma Waterfall Canopy Tour, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Thanks you very much for your comments
William